Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
36,396 Views 11 Replies Last post: Oct 27, 2010 3:48 PM by CAPCOP86
RSS
4 posts since
Aug 1, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 1, 2010 7:57 AM

Wii will NOT update

I'm connected wirelessly to the internet.  Everything on my wii will connect to the internet but it just won't update.  I've tried all channels on my wireless router, I've tried erasing and reconnecting the wii connection, I even went back through some of the tutorials on the nintendo sight.  All which kept the internet connection live. But none that got my wii to update.  I've been able to update in the past. But now I can't, I don't get it.  How can I get it to update? Any help on this matter would be much appreciated! Thanks.

CPM 1,205 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Aug 1, 2010 10:07 AM in response to: POG
Re: Wii will NOT update

what error code are you getting?

WOODBOY 156 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Aug 2, 2010 3:05 PM in response to: POG

do you have satilite or dial-up   the wii can not dial

7 posts since
Aug 2, 2010
Aug 3, 2010 12:35 PM in response to: POG

Direct from Ninty's Support. l l

V

Error Code: 32007

There was a problem downloading the latest Wii update.

Please check the following:

1. Our servers may be down temporarily or experiencing a  high amount of network traffic, especially after a new update has become  available. Wait a few hours and try again. If you are still receiving  this error after waiting, check the next steps.
  2. Satellite Internet often causes this Error  Code. You must have a cable or DSL internet connection. Other connection  types, such as dial-up and satellite, are typically not compatible.  Contact your Internet Service Provider if you are not sure what type of  internet connection you have.
  3. Does your internet service provider (ISP) require that you  log in whenever you wish to use the internet? If so, your ISP may not be  compatible with the Wii console. Please contact your ISP for additional  information.

If you are still unable to connect, and have waited a few hours, please try the following:

How are you attempting to connect your Wii console online?

#Wireless Router:

1. Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts                 on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either                 channel 1 or 11. Be sure to try both channels if the first one                 you try does not work. This can potentially increase the download                 speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click                 here to select the brand name and model number of your router                 (if available). (The "Channel" setting is typically                 found in the "Wireless" section of your router's setup                 utility.)

3. If adjusting the "Channel" did not work, please review our "Slow             Download Times or Errors Received While Connecting" troubleshooting             tips by clicking here.

5. Are you using a Netgear brand wireless router? Our expeirence               shows disabling the "SPI Firewall" of the router may               help the connection. The "SPI Firewall" option is typically found               under the "WAN Setup" tab of the router's settings. For               information on accessing your router's settings, please click               here and select               the model of the Netgear router you own (if available).

6. If you are still receiving this error code, please click here for assistance.

1. #Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

3. Does your PC have  any security programs (firewall, anti-virus,                anti-spyware, anti-adware, etc.) installed? If you are using the                Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and have a software firewall or other                computer security program installed on your computer, there may                be additional steps you must complete to allow a successful connection.                
    • "Trusted" Applications:
      If your firewall or PC security program keeps a list of trusted applications   (also known as a "trusted zone"), the following programs are installed with   the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and require internet communications. If prompted   by your firewall or PC security program, add these to the list of trusted applications.   This information may also apply to certain computer security applications,   such as anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.:

• Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector USB (NintendoWFCReg.exe)
      • Setup.exe (when installing the USB Connector)
      • SoftAPInstDrv.bin
      • mdriver.exe
  4. If you are using a router, you may need to temporarily disable the router's   firewall to allow the Wii console to connect online and receive a system update.   Once the update is received, you can turn the firewall back on. For information   on locating and disabling your router's firewall, please consult the router's   manual or contact the manufacturer of the router.
  5. If you are still receiving this error code, please click                    here for assistance.

427 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Aug 5, 2010 3:15 PM in response to: POG

I'm sorry to hear you are continuing to have issues getting the update. Since you are still experiencing a connection issue after trying the troubleshooting steps available on our website, I would recommend contacting our Consumer Service office so a tech can troubleshoot the issue further.

800-255-3700

6am-7pm Pacific Time

Seven days a week

5 posts since
Aug 11, 2010
Aug 13, 2010 1:52 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_JAKE

Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I'm having the same problem and I've made a topic about it here http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/3792

I'd appreciate if you could help me out - we've got 3 Wiis in the house and we can't update any of them 

3 posts since
Jun 30, 2010
Aug 9, 2010 1:30 AM in response to: POG

can u play online games with the nintendo wifi connection lately? try playing online games..after that...go erase ALL of your internet settings. turn off the wii Completely. unplug your wii also and your internet connection. turn the wii and the router back on and try to establish the connection again. after it connected to your router..update your wii. if it gives you errors..keep trying! i had the same problem and i did this steps and it worked. if anything happens let me know!

2 posts since
Oct 25, 2010
Oct 25, 2010 4:18 PM in response to: LUISTAR

I am having the same problem.  I can get into the weather and news channels... I can play online, everything like that will work, but my system won't update.  I need to get into my wii shop channel to download the netflix software since we just signed up with them, but it wont let me until the update happens.  I tried calling technical support this morning.  After talking with them for over an hour and even speaking with an "advanced technician" they couldn't solve my problem.  Any more ideas?

69 posts since
May 6, 2010
Oct 27, 2010 3:48 PM in response to: POG

Maybe their is something wrong with your internet connection that wont let your wii connect to it to update. If you tried fixing your router call your internet provider.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)