Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
21,380 Views 8 Replies Last post: Aug 20, 2010 8:56 AM by SSMILEEE
RSS
2 posts since
Aug 5, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 5, 2010 10:23 PM

Trying to connect my DS through Netgear WNR2000

I'm trying to get the router to get to work with my DS Lite, so far I'm able to get a signal and I get a red lock from my router, it says I need a WEP Key for my DS, can anyone tell me how I get my WEP key and where I go from there?

P.S. Does anyone know if there's going to be a new upgrade for the Nintendo Wifi Connector for Windows 7?

CPM 1,239 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Aug 6, 2010 7:27 AM in response to: RAZORBACK2000
Re: Trying to connect my DS through Netgear WNR2000

you will find the wep key in the wireless settings on the setup tab then enter your wep on your ds.

CPM 1,239 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Aug 7, 2010 8:37 PM in response to: RAZORBACK2000

go here http://192.168.0.1 then click on the setup tab then go to wireless settings.

2 posts since
Aug 9, 2010
Aug 9, 2010 9:29 PM in response to: CPM

I have a Nintendo DSi. I've been trying to connect wifi to my nintendo dsi so I can wifi battle people. But it hasn't worked ever since I tryed months ago. I also have a NETGEAR router WNR200v2. I went under wireless settings, changed my settings to WEP. Then on the very bottom of the page it says Passphrase. On my piece of paper I got I made up a passphrase and its different from the one on my mode: Up to 150 Mbps g/n only. on my security options its on WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2 - PSK [AES] right now. When I click on WEP the pass phrase never works and theres two different options of bits. Either 64 or 128 bits. Which one do I choose? Like none of my passphrases work. On my nintendo DSi and Wii my internet works only on Advance settings, but my wifi doesn't work. Like I'm really confused. Please help?

CPM 1,239 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Aug 10, 2010 4:02 PM in response to: NURSHLOB

use the 64 bits wep.

SSMILEEE 42 posts since
Aug 17, 2010
Aug 19, 2010 8:52 PM in response to: NURSHLOB

Use the passcode you made, and match the security type (WPA for WPA enabled router, WEP for WEP enabled router). But when doing so, get your DSi close to the router, leave all cellphone devices away from it. From my own experience with the DSi (not DSi XL, it has better wi-fi antenna), it needs to be really close to the router's antenna so it can establish the connection the first time. After you succesfully connect the DSi the first time, you can connect to the internet at any distance from the router as long as the DSi can capture its signal. Good luck.

2 posts since
Aug 9, 2010
Aug 9, 2010 9:30 PM in response to: RAZORBACK2000

Also when I type in the passphrase and generate the codes for the possible WEP codes, none of them ever work. Please help Dx

SSMILEEE 42 posts since
Aug 17, 2010
Aug 20, 2010 8:56 AM in response to: NURSHLOB

Try then changing the router band (B/G thing) to Mixed (both B and G). Then try using one of the generated passcodes from the router, and always with DS system close to the router.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)