Skip navigation

This Question is Not Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
12,699 Views 2 Replies Last post: Aug 13, 2010 10:09 PM by CARDSFANBJ314
RSS
3 posts since
Aug 13, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 13, 2010 9:42 AM

Connection troubles between DSi and Belkin wireless

I just recently got my internet set up in my new place and bought a new Belkin router. Now I can't connect to the Nintendo WFC.

First things first, I went to System Settings > Internet > Connection, and then tried to connect to my router. The message that popped up said "Unable to connect to this access point using current settings. To connect to this access point, use Advanced Setup." So I did. No problems there, the Opera browser connects just fine. I also went back, after the events I'm about to mention, and reconnected to the hub with the WEP button and that works fine, too.

Next, I loaded up SoulSilver > Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings > Connection 2 > Search for an Access Point, found my router (Next to the name, a red lock shows up. The wifi networks that appear show a grey lock) and select mine, input the same 10 digit code (which I know is right, I set up my own custom password. That and I intentionally put in the wrong code as well as the original password and what the setup manual refers to as the "guest password." Both of which immediately reject the password and won't allow a connection test.) and when the connection test begins, I get the following message:

"Error Code 51101

Unable to connect to the access point. Confirm the correct WEP key has been entered, then turn your system off and on again."

I have repeated this, and also gotten error codes 51100 and 51102, both with the exact same message.

It's just a hunch, but I'm guessing the red lock I mentioned earlier has something to do with the problem (or at least indicating there is one.)

At my parents' house, at a local restaurant with free wifi, and at my friend's house, the lock symbol next to their wifi is yellow.

The signal strength is excellent, I'm a couple yards away from it, and I'm actually posting this via my laptop thats the same distance away.

CPM 1,239 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 13, 2010 10:02 AM in response to: CARDSFANBJ314
Re: Connection troubles between DSi and Belkin wireless

try disabling protected mode.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)