Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
14,107 Views 4 Replies Last post: Jan 24, 2011 8:34 AM by VVVDINOVVV
RSS
2 posts since
Aug 30, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 30, 2010 9:33 AM

Getting Wii Sensor Bar working with 120" screen (projector)

Hi, I am using a LCD projector on a 120" screen. The sensor bar is at the bottom of the screen. It's the one that came with my wii, the wire is not an issue as my compenents are all on the wall under the screen, not the far wall under the projector. I ran 36 feet of component cable around my room yesterday to hook up the wii.

I sit around 10 feet from the screen, maybe 11 when I recline. I'm getting some stuttering issues and from what I have read I can correct this with a Wireless Ultra Sensor bar.

The problem I don't know how to fix is I cannot point where I want on the actual screen as a lot of it seems out of range. We bought the wii yesterday and played it all last night but we aim toward a small imaginary screen in front of us. If we point to the actual corners of our screen, no cursor appears.

This is fine for games like Tiger Woods but for games like House of the Dead and Martian Panic we cannot actually point the gun where we are shooting at the screen, and that is a disappointment.

The problem doesn't seem to be the strength of signal but the fast that the wii and sensor seem to thing my screen is much smaller than it is. I was surprised when I purchased the wii that there is no setup page where I input the size of my screen.

I called Nintendo's 800 number but the lady didn't know what a projector was. She spoke with her supervisor and he recommended buying the more powerful wireless sensor bar. I plan on doing that to correct the stuttering problem, but I didn't even tell the lady I had that problem. From what I have read a sensor bar with more range will not change the fact that the wii thinks I'm playing on a screen about half the size of what I am using.

Hopefully someone knows the solution for this, we bought the wii and a ton of accessories and some games yesterday and they're super fun but it is disappointing we can't aim and shoot at the image with our setup.

366300 38 posts since
Apr 24, 2010
Aug 30, 2010 3:08 PM in response to: DCTATTS1
Re: Getting Wii Sensor Bar working with 120" screen (projector)

we played on a I think 150" projector and it work just fine but we had the sensor bar right in front of us, so just move the bar closer every time you play. 

71 posts since
Aug 19, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 11:23 AM in response to: DCTATTS1

The Sensor Bar and Wii Sensor uses an IR lighting system, so if you put candles around the four corners of the projected screen, hopefully that will help the problem.

VVVDINOVVV 41 posts since
Jan 23, 2011
Jan 24, 2011 8:34 AM in response to: DCTATTS1

Try adjusting the sensor bar sensitivity.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)