Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
34,880 Views 6 Replies Last post: Sep 26, 2010 10:06 PM by WAKKO1337
RSS
MELLOWDUDE 17 posts since
May 13, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 3, 2010 5:32 PM

Recommended batteries for Wii Remote?

Is there an official Nintendo-recommended battery pack or other rechargeable battery type for the Wii Remote?  Buying AAs is getting old.

DSI'S 414 posts since
May 8, 2010
Sep 3, 2010 6:23 PM in response to: MELLOWDUDE
Re: Recommended batteries for Wii Remote?

There are wii remote charging stands that come with rechargable batteries that you can buy.

ONE-OF-THREE 6,582 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Sep 3, 2010 6:52 PM in response to: DSI'S

DSI'S  wrote:

There are wii remote charging stands that come with rechargable batteries that you can buy.

Nintendo neither supports nor endorses the use of any type of charging stand, as there have been reports of them actually damaging the Wii remote with their use, as the remote wasn't really designed to have electricity fed through its circuitry in that manner.

So if you are wishing to save some money and not have to repeatedly purchase new batteries, Nintendo does recommend Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) Rechargeable Batteries, which you fully remove the batteries from the Wii remote and only recharge the batteries on their own type of recharging stand.

DSI'S 414 posts since
May 8, 2010
Sep 3, 2010 6:54 PM in response to: ONE-OF-THREE

Sorry. I didn't realize that.

AUTOSAVER1 635 posts since
Apr 2, 2010
Sep 25, 2010 10:47 AM in response to: ONE-OF-THREE

ONE-OF-THREE  wrote:

DSI'S  wrote:

Nintendo neither supports nor endorses the use of any type of charging stand, as there have been reports of them actually damaging the Wii remote with their use, as the remote wasn't really designed to have electricity fed through its circuitry in that manner.

So if you are wishing to save some money and not have to repeatedly purchase new batteries, Nintendo does recommend Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) Rechargeable Batteries, which you fully remove the batteries from the Wii remote and only recharge the batteries on their own type of recharging stand.

The controller itself does not get electrictricity. The one I use(Nyko) has a grip cover to use with it. It has an open slot where the battery pin contacts the charge stand. The battery only touches the stand. Its not like the whole controller is getting zapped.

Nyko's charge stands are perfect. And there is an added plus. You won't have to take out any batteries out of the controller, and it provides a cool place to let your Wii remotes stand.

34 posts since
Aug 25, 2010
Sep 26, 2010 10:06 PM in response to: AUTOSAVER1

I've got a DreamGear charger and a Nyko charger station. I prefer the DreamGear, because while neither lasts long at all anymore, the DreamGear NEVER has any problems picking up the batteries AND I can charge JUST the batteries. The Nyko station almost never gives a full charge no matter how long I charge them, and sometimes never even picks up the remote at all. So I've just stuck to buying Energizer 8-packs. They last SO much longer than my rechargables do.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)