Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
48,064 Views 2 Replies Last post: Sep 5, 2010 9:24 AM by DSLITE7
RSS
1 posts since
Sep 4, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 4, 2010 5:30 AM

Does Wii play Blu-ray? More info requested...

I don't own a Wii yet. What is the DVD quality? Does it play Blu-ray? Can it play burned DVDs

What about CDs?

Or could someone direct me to a detailed specs??? I mean everything I'd ever want to know about the Wii

before I buy one?

Thanks

EARTHBOUND33 2,270 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 6:32 AM in response to: LILMARSINAH
Re: Does Wii play Blu-ray? More info requested...

the wii cannot play blu ray discs, dvd's, or cd's. you can get netflix for it though. 

DSLITE7 508 posts since
May 29, 2010
Sep 5, 2010 9:24 AM in response to: LILMARSINAH
Re: Does Wii play Blu-ray? More info requested...

The Wii is unable to play any type of DVD, CD, or Blu-Ray discs.  It can only play games and a Netflix disk.

The Wii has many options such as free Wi-Fi, a Wii Shop Channel where you can buy classic games, and many channels with different uses.

The Wii basically uses connections with a wireless router.  As long as you have that, then any internet service is ok to use.  There are also Nintendo brand attachments that broadcast Nintendo Wi-Fi.

The Shop Channel has a variety of games from consoles like the SNES or the Nintendo 64.  There is also a genre of games only available there called Wiiware.  You can buy games with points, which you can get by buying Wii Point Cards or with a credit card.

It also has a great selection of games, including many titles only available on the Wii.

The Wii can be used with up to four Wii remotes, which have many attachments, such as WiiMotion Plus, the Nunchuk, the Classic Controller, and the Wii Wheel.  Some games use certain attachments, such as racing games may use the Wii Wheel, while sports may use WiiMotion Plus for more accurate motions.  Some games absolutely need some attachments to play.

The Wii itself comes with the system, AC and power cords, a sensor bar, a Wii Remote and Nunchuk, and the game Wii Sports.  If you buy the Wii with the bonus, you also get Wii Sports Resort and the WiiMotion Plus.

The Wii comes in two colors, white and black.  There are also four Wii Remote colors, white, black, blue, and pink.  The black, blue, and pink Wii Remotes come with a WiiMotion Plus.  All remotes have a glove included.  However, with some attachments, such as the Classic Controller and the Nunchuk, the only colors are white and black.

The Wii has backwards compatability with the Gamecube games, and even has ports at the top of the Wii for two Gamecube memory cards and four Gamecube controllers.  You must use a Gamecube controller if you want to play them.

The Wii also has an SD card slot.  You can view photos and videos on the Photo Channel, or you can save and load game data via Data Management in the Wii Menu.  No games with Wi-Fi compatability can have their save files copied, though.  Some games can save certain things to the SD card in game, such as pictures or songs.

That basically sums up everything.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)