Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
8,021 Views 1 Reply Last post: Sep 12, 2010 2:17 PM by B-BOT12
RSS
1 posts since
Sep 12, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 12, 2010 1:28 PM

Can the Wii Remote connect as Player 2?

I was playing LEGO Harry Potter for the Wii, when all of a sudden the battery on the controller dies.

I get this error:

"Communications with the P2 Wii Remote have been interrupted. Please reconnect the P2 Wii Remote to the Wii console."

Now, I believe the controller I was using was assigned as the P2 controller (playing 2 player games earlier, and ended up just using the P2 controller for this game and the other controller was turned off)- but I couldn't reconnect it as the P2 controller. I changed the batteries, and restarted the controller and it reconnected as the P1 controller (Home > Wii Remote Settings > Reconnect). I was able to reconnect the first controller as P1, but I couldn't reconnect a second controller as P2. Does this have anything to do with it being a single player game that a second controller wouldn't be able to connect? Or just a Wii thing?

If it is a Wii thing, why isn't it easier to change the player assignment on Wii-motes?

If it is a LEGO Harry Potter thing, does anyone know how I can contact technical support there? (because their site doesn't have any)

I sense that because the other systems (PS3 and 360) have easier ways to assign controllers, this was never an issue for them- but an issue with the port to the Wii?

Answers? Comments? Thoughts?

7 posts since
Jun 18, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 12, 2010 2:17 PM in response to: LUKERSON
Re: Can the Wii Remote connect as Player 2?

Whenever your trying to connect 1 controller, it will assign it as P1, so if you want to be P2, you'll have to connect 2 controllers  and let the first one go idle (or just rip the batteries out )

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)