Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
25,738 Views 6 Replies Last post: Sep 15, 2010 5:46 PM by TRUENFAN
RSS
3 posts since
Sep 13, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 13, 2010 12:56 PM

WII purchased in USA to work in India

Hi,

I recently purchased Wii at Walmart Ohio. I just need informaiton on what should be the adapter / converter to be purchased to use that in India. Indian voltage is 220v.

please let me know where to buy it

_TANIS_ 1,730 posts since
Apr 24, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 1:04 PM in response to: BHUVANA
Re: WII purchased in USA to work in India

You have two options.

The first (and simplest) option is to simply purchase an AC adapter for an Indian Wii. Since all Wii's are exactly the same hardware-wise, all you need is the correct power adapter for your country.

The second option is to purchase a step up transformer as you mentioned. There isn't a specific brand or type you need to buy. You can see that amazon has quite a selection. Your favorite electronics store will also have a few to choose from. Just be sure that it can go from 220v to 110v and has the right type of power plug.

However, you are also going to run into trouble when you try to connect it to your TV. TVs in the United States use the NTSC video format, while TVs in India use the PAL format. Thus you will have to either bring a TV from the US with you to India, or you will need to purchase a PAL/NTSC converter such as these.

Finally, you need to be aware that games purchased in India will NOT work on your North American Wii. Wii systems are region-locked, so you can only play games released in the region your Wii was purchased in. You will need to buy all of your games from the US.

Overall, I would recommend buying an Indian Wii instead. It will save you quite a bit of hassle.

TRUENFAN 317 posts since
Aug 9, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 9:12 PM in response to: BHUVANA

are there no shops in India that sell a wii at all.

_TANIS_ 1,730 posts since
Apr 24, 2010
Sep 14, 2010 6:24 AM in response to: BHUVANA

BHUVANA  wrote:

No my question is not answered yet. There is no office Wii released for India. So I purchased here in US. PAL NTSC compatibilities are there in recent TV's based on most of the users blog, I may need only the adapter which converts 220V to 110V.

Kindly suggests which one will suit for me ? Better to buy in India or in US.

Also let me know the return policy of Wii.

While there is no specific "Nintendo of India," India is currently covered by Nintendo Company Ltd. (Nintendo of Japan).

Whether you buy it in India, the US, or online is up to you. I can't suggest a specific converter for you without knowing exactly where you intend to buy it because each and every store will have a different selection for you to chose from. If you ask a sales representative at your favorite electronics store, they should be able to assist in picking one out.

The return policy will depend on which store you got it from. Most stores in the US have a 90-day return period. Check your receipt for specifics for the store you bought it from.

Nintendo does not have a return policy, but does provide a warranty that is valid for one year. If the Wii breaks (due to a problem with the manufacturing or software) within that first year, you can get it repaired for free.

TRUENFAN 317 posts since
Aug 9, 2010
Sep 15, 2010 5:46 PM in response to: BHUVANA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)