Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
21,331 Views 5 Replies Last post: Sep 22, 2010 3:09 PM by AUTOSAVER1
RSS
4 posts since
Sep 7, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 21, 2010 8:49 AM

Why is my power light orange?

Why is my power light on my wii orange? I thought before when i turned off my wii it was red. I did an update. Does anyone know why it is orange that has a wii or did i just think it was red before? When it is orange the blue light around where the disc comes on and when i hold in the button on my remote it wont turn red. How mdo i get it to power off becasue when i hold in teh button to turn off the wii it turns orange insted of red. I even tried holding it in for a period of time.

EARTHBOUND33 2,270 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Sep 21, 2010 8:55 AM in response to: JESSES_GIRL2006
Re: Why is my power light orange?

if the wii's power light is orange, it is in standby mode. this just means that the power is off, but it is still connected to the internet to recieve messages. the slot light illuminates when you have a message (i think). if you wish to make the light red again all you have to do is go into the wii settings and turn "wiiconnect24" off.

AUTOSAVER1 635 posts since
Apr 2, 2010
Sep 21, 2010 2:12 PM in response to: EARTHBOUND33

Yes, you are correct.

Red means its completely off and is not connect to WC24. (You can also do this by holding the Power button for approx. 5 seconds)

Yellow/Orange means your Wii is in WC24 mode. It is connected to the internet and will accept messages from other people/Nintendo.

DSI'S 414 posts since
May 8, 2010
Sep 21, 2010 5:57 PM in response to: AUTOSAVER1

Oh! That makes sense. I was wondering why my Wii was doing that! Thanks, even though I wasn't even the one asking for help!

1 posts since
Sep 22, 2010
Sep 22, 2010 10:15 AM in response to: JESSES_GIRL2006

wow, thanks.. this helped alot. now, why when you go to trouble shooting, it says if the light is orange, it might need repair?. It says nothing about it being on standby or connected to WC24.

I was just about to send it out for repairs. thanks for ur help

xo,

wii mom

AUTOSAVER1 635 posts since
Apr 2, 2010
Sep 22, 2010 3:09 PM in response to: JESSES_GIRL2006

Well, you did say you found it in troubleshooting. The orange light is perfectly fine and is not a problem. Thus, not appearing in TS.

You shouldn't be worried. ^.^

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)