Skip navigation

This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
24,053 Views 4 Replies Last post: Nov 8, 2010 1:02 PM by TRUENFAN
RSS
2 posts since
Sep 23, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 23, 2010 9:49 AM

wii remote calibration

So I recently got a wii from a friend and I am in the process of connecting it to my tv (A wall mounted 32 inch HDTV). Now, I have crawled through the system settings, the remotes have brand new batteries in them, and all the settings are kosher. But when I point the remote at the screen (from 6 or more feet away) the reticle is decidedly not where I point the remote. Is there a way to individually calibrate the wii remote to my particular TV? IE I point the remote at a specific set of points and the wii marks them down as the origin and extremes of a coordinate plane? I have a love of FPS games you see, to which a wii could become a revolutionary platform, if the remote and the sensor fit well together.But if I have to point 5 or 6 inches beyond where I see something it could become rather frustrating.

If this is something that the wii motion plus accessory enables, let me know, I have intentions on getting those soon. Also, at the moment I am using composite video, I have sent away for component cables so that I can upgrade to the 480p platform instead of the 480i (though I don't think that will make a difference).

The big thing here is that such a calibration does not seem like it would be that hard to program or use. And with a proper failsafe system it could be easily revertible to a factory default. (To resolve issues where someone simply fails at the entire process and makes the wii remote impossible to direct at the TV.)

Does anybody understand what I'm rambling about?

EARTHBOUND33 2,270 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Sep 23, 2010 12:08 PM in response to: NVRSCR
Re: wii remote calibration

im not sure if you can calibrate the wii remotes... is your sensor bar centered on the top or bottom of the screen? also make sure that in the wii settings you set the position of the sensor bar (top or bottom of screen). if this isnt helping you should check the wii operation manual for information on calibrating the wii remotes. if you cant find anything in the wii operation manual just call nintendo at 1-800-255-3700.

2 posts since
Nov 7, 2010
Nov 7, 2010 6:22 PM in response to: NVRSCR

I'm totally with ya. I'm experiencing the exact same thing, and it seemed to start after I upgraded to a HDTV. I bought a gun/pistol accessory for my remote to assist with shooter games and have never really used it because my on-screen response and accuracy seems to be lacking. PLEASE let me know if you figure out this issue!

TRUENFAN 317 posts since
Aug 9, 2010
Nov 8, 2010 1:02 PM in response to: NVRSCR

Also if you have any blue tooth items in that room move them and try again.

[TNF]

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)