Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
15,035 Views 2 Replies Last post: Oct 4, 2010 9:09 AM by TRUENFAN
RSS
1 posts since
Oct 4, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 4, 2010 1:33 AM

Wii won't read game disks.

Was right in the middle of playing Monster Hunter 3 when i got a black screen saying "An error has occurred. Please press the eject button and remove the disk. Turn the wii console off and refer to the manual".

I followed the directions (eject, turn off, unplug, repeat) and it still refused to read the game. I tried other disks(both wii and gamecube), which give the same error code.
The wii menu works fine. Its just that when i put a disk in and go to the disk channel it says it cannot be read. After inserting and removing it a few times it finally recognizes the game but just a few seconds into it i get the original error message again. Usually around the Main Menu of the game or just after loading my file.

BUT, earlier today i put in the Monster Hunter 3 Demo Disk and it works fine. Why would the demo work but not any real games?

I have looked around the internet and really the only solution anyone has is to send it in and get it fixed. Iv already forked out $200 and bought a new Wii just incase i cant get this one fixed. However i would still like to have it fixed if its something i can do at home for free.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any fixes other than sending it in for repairs and paying $80-200 for some tech guy to fix it?

_TANIS_ 1,713 posts since
Apr 24, 2010
Oct 4, 2010 6:36 AM in response to: AETHERECH0
Re: Wii won't read game disks.

Disk drive problems can almost never be fixed at home. You need to send the Wii in for repair.

Luckily Wii repairs are charged at a flat rate of $75. Purchasing a new Wii to repalce the broken one is bad idea for a few reasons, the biggest reason being that there is no way for you to transfer purchased WiiWare or Virtual Console titles to the new Wii, and you will find that some of your saved data cannot be transferred either. If you send your Wii to Nintendo, all downloaded titles and saved games will still be there. Plus, sending in for repair is cheaper than purchasing a new Wii.

To set up a repair, give Nintendo a call at 1-800-255-3700.

TRUENFAN 317 posts since
Aug 9, 2010
Oct 4, 2010 9:09 AM in response to: _TANIS_
Re: Wii won't read game disks.

And a another reason not to do it yourself is if you do Nintendo will not repair it.

[TNF]

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)