Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
799,234 Views 13 Replies Last post: Jul 2, 2013 6:25 PM by BULLSFAN2
RSS
2 posts since
Oct 31, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 29, 2011 6:58 AM

Wii Remote Won't Sync

I have 2 remotes that have worked fine until today. My cursor hand won't appear on the screen.  I have tried to sync them many times and even unplugged the system multiple times.  I used a digital camera and all lights are working on the sensor bar. Both have new batteries, I tried tapping them and still not connecting.  Any ideas?

DSLITE7 512 posts since
May 29, 2010
Nov 1, 2010 12:56 PM in response to: NICKS MOM
Re: WII Remote Won't Sync

Here's what to do.  I've had this happen many times.

1. Open up the SD Card compartment on the Wii.

2. Open up the battery cover on the remotes.

3. Press the red Sync button on the Wii, and then on one of the remotes.

4. Repeat for whatever remotes need synced.

This will make every remote act like the P1 remote.  For temporary syncing, just go into the Home Menu and click Wii Remote Settings.  Click on another option(it'll say to press 1 and 2) and follow the instructions.

1 posts since
Jul 8, 2011
Jul 8, 2011 8:00 AM in response to: DSLITE7

Hey Man thankzz i bunch my sister and i were trying the 15 second thing for about a day!!! NOw u DSLITE7 is the ultimate fixer!!!!

1 posts since
Aug 27, 2011
Aug 27, 2011 12:10 PM in response to: DSLITE7

Worked for me. Thanks

1 posts since
Jan 2, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 2:22 PM in response to: NICKS MOM

I had the same problem - your advice worked - thanks!!

1 posts since
Jan 2, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 5:37 PM in response to: PPMOM

This worked for me 3.  Thanks a ton yall.   (The 15 sec thing was not even close)

1 posts since
Aug 27, 2011
Aug 27, 2011 10:50 AM in response to: NABORDOG

I've tried everything on this post and  everything that I could find online to resync my remote. Nothing works. It seems like there is a serious software/hardware issue with the wii console. Is there anyway to interface the system with an analogue controller? Obviously, it would be logical for the system to have this option but I can't seem to find a way around the wireless system. I have tried using a gamecube remote but it appears that it only works while a game accepting the analogue remote is open. I might have to send the console in to Nintendo for repairs or I could just scrap the system altogether. I keep having issues with the system. I usually have an issue (of some sort) once a month with this console.

HAMPSTEROID 1 posts since
Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 9:37 AM in response to: NICKS MOM

IF ALL OF THE ABOVE FAILS:

1. Make sure all GAME DISCS are REMOVED from the wii system.

2. REMOVE all memory cards and gamecube controller inputs.

3. UNPLUG the Wii system's powers chord. reinsert after 20 seconds.

4. Now you should turn on the Wii system and at the black intro screen with white words,

Re-attempt the controller syncing process as listed above. This means pressing the both red sync buttons, one quick click each,

At the same time. (the wii remote has a sync button under the battery plate cover, and the wii system has a sync button in

the panel flap that opens up, right next to reset button.)

5. If all this fails. Repeat steps 3. And 4.

6  IF all all this fails, it is very likely your Wii is broken down in some way. you could take it to be repaired, but a complete

replacement will most likely be the easiest and cheapest  option.

TO PREVENT FUTURE WII PROBLEMS:

1. Turn OFF your Wii after every use. The system WILL wear down quicker if left on constantly.

2. Keep your WII in a WELL VENTILATED area. Open back entertainment cupboards are great, but closed cupboards

Or drawers can allow the system to overheat.

3. REMOVE your game disc before shutting down your Wii, or before using a non-disc related application (such as the Nintendo store,Netflix,etc)

HOLLISZOO 1 posts since
Jul 19, 2012
Jul 19, 2012 7:05 AM in response to: HAMPSTEROID

Thank you hampsteriod, the typical sync wasn't working.  I think my problem was either the console needed to be unplugged or the game needed to be removed!  But I know my son is happy as can be now that he can play on the Wii again!

VAIBHAV116 1 posts since
May 2, 2013
May 2, 2013 10:25 PM in response to: HAMPSTEROID

Thanks hampsteriod. For me too sync was not working earlier. After your suggestion, I was able to sync. Today I had come to wii menu directly without properly exiting the game and I did it 2 times and it was my first time today exiting like this. Today first time I faced this issue in 3 yrs. I think exiting this way caused it.

BULLSFAN2 1 posts since
Jul 2, 2013
Jul 2, 2013 6:25 PM in response to: HAMPSTEROID

Dude thanks a ton! I couldnt get it to sync for 2 days straight! Thanks LOL last time i leave the wiimotes without covers on.

XPERTPISTAR 21 posts since
Dec 31, 2012
Jun 23, 2013 3:07 PM in response to: NICKS MOM
Re: Wii Remote Won't Sync

I recently had this problem with my Wii. I changed by batteries and held the sync button for awhile and it worked. Also try disconnecting your sensor bar and reconnecting it.

SUPERJOSHBROS 1 posts since
Jun 24, 2013
Jun 24, 2013 9:50 AM in response to: NICKS MOM
Re: Wii Remote Won't Sync

None of this stuff worked for me

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)