Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
93,865 Views 14 Replies Last post: Jan 22, 2012 11:52 AM by KORKYPEACHMOMDAD
RSS
2 posts since
Nov 9, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 9, 2010 5:20 PM

Unable to Connect to Netflix via Wii

Following the entering of the code from the Netflix channel on Wii into the Netflix website, the Netflix channel on the Wii then changes from the activation code screen.  While it tries to activate, it fails without an error code and tells me that it cannot connect to Netflix, inspite of the fact that the Netflix webpage says the activation is complete.

I've tested my internet connection settings, and I can connect no problem.  I can surf all the Wii internet channels and I have deleted the Netflix channel and reloaded it separately to both the SD card and Wii console memory, but both end up with the same error.  ***?

BFMV3 119 posts since
Oct 30, 2010
Nov 9, 2010 5:24 PM in response to: HANKDOGG
Re: Unable to Connect to Netflix via Wii

Try waiting a while and then try again, sometimes Netflix's servers have some problems.

ROBMC1 75 posts since
Apr 5, 2010
Nov 9, 2010 5:31 PM in response to: HANKDOGG

Have you check the Netflix site to see if there is already a Wii entry registered there. If the site think it is already registered and the Wii thinks it is not I would remove the device entry from the netflix site and wait a bit and try the registration process again. for canada I know that entry is found at the following

Once logged in in the upper right corner click the link "Your Account & Help"

Then on this page look for the heading "WATCHING INSTANTLY" and under there select the link "Manage Netflix ready devices and computers"

From this screen you can remove it if it is there and try again.

4 posts since
Aug 9, 2011
Sep 18, 2011 12:29 PM in response to: ROBMC1

IVE TRIED REMOVING DEVICES ON NETFLIX THERE IS NONE SHOWN AS A DEVICE BUT WHEN I REMOVE NETFLIX AND RE DOWNLOAD IT I SIGN INTO NETFLIX IT TAKES ME STRAIGHT BACK TO WHERE I STARTED UNABLE TO CONNECT TO NETFLIX? NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT THE PROBLEM IS...I EVEN TRIED TO SEE IF THE WINDOW WILL POP UP TO RE ACTIVATE THE DEVICE AND STILL NOTHING IT WONT LET ME

56 posts since
Nov 7, 2010
Nov 9, 2010 7:07 PM in response to: HANKDOGG

you should nintendo about this. their number is 1-800-255-3700

7 posts since
Nov 9, 2010
Nov 9, 2010 7:20 PM in response to: ROOKID

no one has this same issue my wii is new and just hooked up my enet today what is wrong and no screen FOR "Cannot connect to Netflix. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please visit netflix.com/tvhelp on your computer."   the netflix/help website!!!!!

1 posts since
Nov 9, 2010
Nov 9, 2010 7:49 PM in response to: HANKDOGG

I'm dealing with the same issue as well. I've tried restarting the Wii, reactivating with Netflix and have had zero luck.

7 posts since
Nov 9, 2010
Nov 9, 2010 7:51 PM in response to: WHIT043

well looks like there something someone can do i have an xbox as well just went gold so i could use th netflix that dosent work also.

1 posts since
Nov 9, 2010
Nov 9, 2010 8:06 PM in response to: HANKDOGG

I too am unable to connect to Netflix using the "new" Wii software. What makes this so tragic, I had just finish watching a movie using the "red Netflix disk" when I noticed the new software on the Wii Shop Channel. I installed it on my Wii console and tried to use it - Nothing! I also got the same message, "Cannot connect to Netflix. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please visit netflix.com/tvhelp on your computer"!! Well, I tried again - for an HOUR! No response, just the same message. What 'JUNK' did I install? Very frustrating. What make this all the more tragic - my 'little red DISK' won't work. I just get referred back to the 'new software'. Word of advice - Don't install the new software! Good luck to everyone. I might just 'wipe my console' and start over.

ROBMC1 75 posts since
Apr 5, 2010
Nov 9, 2010 8:11 PM in response to: BARNSTER

Since you can download netflix the wii works. I  would call netflix. you can call Netflix 24/7 at:

1-866-348-2353
For faster service, use this service code: 214 403
4 posts since
Aug 9, 2011
Sep 18, 2011 3:01 PM in response to: HANKDOGG

IVE TRIED JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING AND NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK.... THIS IS THE ERROR MESSAGE I KEEP GETTING 'WE'RE UNABLE TO CONNECT YOU TO NETFLIX' THIS IS TOO MUCH WORK OVER WII AND NETFLIX OVER SOME MOVIES I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY I KEEP TRYING

PCFREAK 61 posts since
Mar 21, 2011
PUPPEHKEEPER 1 posts since
Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 12:33 PM in response to: HANKDOGG

Apparently, a year later, this is still a real problem and Nintendo blames Netflix and Netflix blames Nintendo. After searching forums for hours. I found this on Yahoo Answers. It works. Thanks Matt from Yahoo Answers, whoever you are.

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

Ok so I had this issue too and I finally just figured it out! All you have to do is go into your wii memory and delete Netflix  from the channel section of the wii memory AND the regular section of  the wii memory. So your deleting TWO netflix data. One for the actually  application and one for netflix saved data, preferences, and such. Then  you should restart your wii and reinstall the netflix channel. Then you  will be able to log in. I guantee this works. So excited I figured this  out guys!!!!!

Source(s):

No research for me
I used my own brain and figured it out like a boss
KORKYPEACHMOMDAD 3 posts since
Jan 22, 2012
Jan 22, 2012 11:52 AM in response to: PUPPEHKEEPER

You are my hero! I did what you said and it worked perfectly. THANK YOU!!!!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)