Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
18,785 Views 3 Replies Last post: Jan 2, 2011 12:48 PM by BLA1N3
RSS
12 posts since
Sep 13, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 10, 2010 4:51 AM

How many GB does a Wii really have?

And how much memory is a block? Is a block 1 GB?

ROBMC1 75 posts since
Apr 5, 2010
Nov 10, 2010 11:54 PM in response to: SOLACE773
Re: How many GB does a Wii really have?

The Wii's internal memory is 512 Megabytes (MB) and 1 block = 128 Kilobytes (KB). there are 1024 KB in 1 MB so the Wii has up to 4096 blocks of free space however updates and settings may reduce that.

you can add an SD card to add 32 GB of memory however older games like Excite truck (MP3 support) or Guitar Hero 4 DLC does not support SDHC and therefore only upto 4 GB non SDHC can be used.

5 posts since
Jan 1, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 12:48 PM in response to: ROBMC1

I have the newest Guitar Hero:warrior of rock or WoR to save time. I had an 8gig SDHC card. I imported, GH:metallica, GH:5, GH:world tour: Band Hero, GH:Smash hits. all of those imports don't include all the songs but quiet a bit. some more than others, For instance one will have 60+ and smash hits has 21....but then on WoR, there are allot of track packs, you can buy, it'll be 3 or more songs you buy at once to save 50-100 points here and there. Anyway, I had all the games imported available to down load, and quiet a bit of individual songs and track packs bought before my 8 gigs were full. i can't remember but I think, counting the 93 songs on WoR i had 240+ songs. I just bought a 16 gig SDCH card that says 240 HD on the front, the 16 gig SDHC brand is PNY Optima, the 8 gig was Scandisk. I haven't had a problem with either. But, they are having a Guitar Hero downloadable content problem atm. I bought the new 16 gig card, and down loaded all the stuff i had on the older card then, I had bought 2 of the 2000 point cards and spent all of it on more songs. But, something happened and it made the Smash hits import disappeared when you play the game. I think It's because some of the songs I down loaded are songs on the original GH:Smash Hits game, but not on the downloadable import.....so the (activision) needs to change the ID of the songs to DLContent and not G/SH. It sucks right now I have 270 songs, and I should have 301 or more. I diid some math, but i should have some major songs. I'm ranked 15th on the Stars Leader board with 9000 something, i think close to 10k. I'd have 10k if I wouldn't have been trouble shooting and doing all this ****. I have a USB device you can plug your SDHC's into. I'm thinking about taking the 8 gig card, hooking it to my PC and taking the Smash hit import, and putting it on my 16 gig card to see if it works. I wish I could see on the files what DLContent songs I downloaded that might keep me from having the 21 songs from the smash hit import and deleting them but they all look the same....any tips would be helpful........thanks. If you look for me on Guitar Hero"WoR" I'm [removed] [Please don't post any personal information such as  your name, age, gender, or location, thanks! -Zeke]

PS thanks, for answering I was wondering how much memory a "block" really has. and if they come out with a Wii 2 they should have 3 or 4 spaces for cards. The largetst Wii made cards I've seen are 4 gigs. If you're playing guitar hero and wanting to add content they release every month, sometimes twice a month, 4 gigs will last you a few months. I really was look for a 32 gig card, then when I saw this USB device that would read the SDHC's I was hoping I could plug it in the back of the WIi and have the 16 and 8 gig card running at the same time, but know..... oh well, my parents have a wii, maybe I'll end up getting a mini 32 gig card and give them the 8 gig car aand my sister the 16 gig'er. she's a resident at a hospital who works all the time but plays guitar hero some, when she comes home we play together, it's fun......she's living cheap right now so she doesn't have the internet, not to mention the time to play with me anyway. Thank again,.

Message was edited by: NOA_TECH_ZEKE

5 posts since
Jan 1, 2011
Jan 2, 2011 12:48 PM in response to: ROBMC1

Were you Saying Guitar Hero #4 downloaded content won't support SDHC's? If so, that might be right. I'v got most of the games and I've never seen a Guitar Hero 4 for Wii. I have Guitar Hero Smash hits, GH:5, GH:Van Halen, GH:Metallica, GH:Aerosmith, and the new one GH:Warrior of Rock. I never bothered with DLC until WoR came out because they made it so easy and cheap to import the older games songs but you got to play them with the newer games stars and challenges. They are having a big bug right now, but it'll be fixed soon, and they don't have a import for GH:Van Halen or Aerosmith yet and I hoped they'd get the licensing worked out and have it worked out. But they Have quiet a few new DLC from newer bands and old stuff that's fun, not to mention WoR has 93 songs alone and i'd say 80% are songs I'd listen to if the radio came on to one of them. Also, with guitar hero you can go to the official web site and register your name, and use the VIP codes in game and the one on the manuals to link the games to your account and it keeps track of how much money you get on each game an d you get groupies. I like it better than Rock Band myself. But with the new instruments it's apples and oranges. I do enjoy the Beatles rock band.What is Guitar hero #4 called? Guitar Hero: World Tour? that's one of the few i can think of i don't have, or didnt have. A few of them I traded them in after I imported them to the new game because i was sick of playing i and the songs I liked the best  were impoted or became DLC for WoR at some point....

THanks,

-Blain3

WoR name- [removed] [Please don't post any personal information such as  your name, age, gender, or location, thanks! -Zeke]

Message was edited by: NOA_TECH_ZEKE

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)