Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
32,916 Views 4 Replies Last post: Jul 7, 2011 7:11 PM by WIININTENDO3DS
RSS
2 posts since
Nov 12, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 12, 2010 9:49 AM

How do I update the wii?

2 days ago I bought a red wii, all new to me.  I read on the previous post that she updated her red wii, how/where do I do this?

CPM 1,241 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Nov 12, 2010 10:46 AM in response to: WACKI-X2
Re: How do I update the wii?

go to wii options then to wii settings go to the third page in the wii system settings then go to wii system update.

26 posts since
Apr 3, 2010
Nov 19, 2010 3:02 PM in response to: WACKI-X2

There's pretty much 2 ways to update the Wii Menu system...

1) Online -- Typically preferred method.

This is the preferred method as you can update your Wii whenever an update comes out.  Once your Wii is online, there's an option in the Wii settings (3rd page) called "Check for Updates".  This will connect to Nintendo's servers to see if there's any new updates that your Wii may need.

Additionally, Nintendo will periodically send notificiations to all Wii's online through the Wii-mail service (part of the Wii BBS) when they release a new version of the Wii Menu system.

2) Offline via on-disc updates

Some Nintendo games may include Wii menu updates on the disc themselves.  These updates are usually required for the game to play (as they may contain specific IOS's the game uses) & will only ask you to install the update if your Wii doesn't have them.

You only run into these update if your Wii is offline & running an outdated version of the Wii Menu system.

55044 138 posts since
May 2, 2010
May 12, 2011 7:50 AM in response to: WACKI-X2

To get the latest Wii System Update

Make sure your Wii console is successfully connected online.

Access the Wii System Settings.

1. Click on the blue arrow twice to reach the Wii System Settings               3 menu options.
  2. Select "Wii System Update" and press the A Button.
  3. Select "Yes," and read any messaging regarding obtaining the udpate. If you agree to the messaging, select "I Accept."
  4. The Wii console will now search for the latest Wii System Update.
  5. If an update is available, it will be downloaded and installed automatically.
WIININTENDO3DS 25 posts since
Mar 2, 2011

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)