Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
9,515 Views 3 Replies Last post: Dec 21, 2010 11:11 AM by AMACC
RSS
1 posts since
Nov 20, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 20, 2010 5:13 PM

DS Lite won't turn on

My sons DS Lite will not turn on at all! No green light. The light is orange when I'm charging it, however when we try to turn it on theres nothing. It was working fine last night. So I plugged it in to charge it this morning and thought it was charged and tried to turn it on and nothing happens. So frustrated by this, it's not even a year old yet and was registered, however I will be charged 60 bucks to get it repaired, which to me seems like alot of money when you can buy them new for not much more than that. Is there any way to fix this? Plugged our other sons DS in and it charges fine, nothing wrong with the charger..he is so careful with it too, he is very upset. Any ideas as to what the problem is? I just hate the thoughts of paying $60 to get it fixed when they are going to be obsolete soon anyways.

CPM 1,241 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Nov 20, 2010 5:20 PM in response to: FRUSTRATEDMOMMY
Re: DS Lite won't turn on

you might want to send it in for repairs.

52 posts since
Jul 18, 2010
Dec 19, 2010 11:25 AM in response to: FRUSTRATEDMOMMY

yeah I agree it is probablly the battery itself that has died you could buy a new battery and make sure its the right one but that what they would do if you sent it in for repairs

7 posts since
Dec 9, 2010
Dec 21, 2010 11:11 AM in response to: SUPLEX

Even if the battery was dead, the DS would still get power from the charger, and the DS would still be playable while plugged into the wall.

So I doubt that the battery itself is dead.  In fact, it's probably full charged.

My guess is that the system still works, but there must be some problem with the switch that turns the system on.  A circuit somewhere is probably not getting closed, and power is not flowing through the system.

You could send it in for repair.  This is the cheapest option, and the system will be like brand new, as good as you could buy in a store.  It'd be a better deal than buying a new one, and unless you can figure out the DS's mechanisms, it'd be a better idea than taking apart your DS yourself.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)