Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
9,093 Views 5 Replies Last post: Nov 26, 2010 7:30 AM by IIF3AR
RSS
4 posts since
Nov 22, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 22, 2010 10:55 PM

Wii disk not spinning

I was playing Cod 7, in a multiplayer match. The  screen stayed at the menu screen, black. But messages still were coming up saying what happened I could see my comrades on the minimap but I still couldn't do anything. I turned off the power and turned it back on. I could click enter, but when I got to around the main menu it game me a disk read error. Kept doing this. Then the next day it still happened, but later on that day it could get past the main menu, I even got into nazi zombies! But it took forever to load and by the time it is, zombies got out and I couldn't move or anything.

Then after that it just plain wouldn't read it. I notice it's not spinning the disk anymore.

Please do not tell me to send to Nintedo, or use the disk cleaner. Unless the disk cleaner works on it, which I doubt.

And on another note, do you NEED a triwing screwdriver to open the wii?

7 posts since
Nov 25, 2010
Nov 25, 2010 5:34 AM in response to: ZHAYMIN2
Re: Wii disk not spinning

Hey dude im having the same problem it started with a error while playing zombie mode on bo and after trying to play again for like 5 times the cds would spin for 5 secs or less then stops o and before that happen i was able to get the the bo menu but while it load i got the error

i also opened my wii and couldnt find nothing :/

so if you find a solution please tell me thanks.

3 posts since
Nov 25, 2010
Nov 25, 2010 4:19 PM in response to: ZHAYMIN2

i'm having the same problem- except mine happened while play 007.  I looked around and was told to send it back to nintendo. (Mine is out of warranty though- so it'll be expensive.)  I tried the disc cleaner already and that didn't seem to help at all. I also tried to open it up and you do need a triwing screw driver. This can be found at your local hardware store in the electronics section.  If you find a solution let me know!

794 posts since
Apr 12, 2010
Nov 25, 2010 7:46 PM in response to: ZHAYMIN2

yes, try cleaning the wii with a lens kit or compressed air, and see if it helps. Dont take it apart your self, as it voids a warranty, and usually, it makes things worse, if it doesnt work still, itll need repairs.

the clicking noises are usaully normal, as mine makes them frequently (more noticeable with brawl and melee)

7 posts since
Nov 25, 2010
Nov 26, 2010 7:30 AM in response to: ZHAYMIN2

i cant send mines in cause my wii is like 5 years old :/ and i dont have the cash either -.- i already cleaned the lens didnt work SOMEONE HELP! NINTEDO HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)