Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
27,036 Views 7 Replies Last post: Jan 20, 2011 5:50 PM by NOA_TECH_JAKE
RSS
3 posts since
Nov 28, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 28, 2010 5:14 AM

download software via DS download play

doesn't do anything.  It just says looking for software available for download.  It will stay there forever doing that.  also when I am in the set up pages and I go to transfer nintendo WFC configuation it will say awaiting a response from the destination system.  choose ds download play on the destination system and then download nintendo wfc configuation transfer utility.  Why is this happening and why something like this is not listed in troubleshooting?  This is not something a company wants to do to a new customer. 

NOA_TECH_GARY 126 posts since
Apr 20, 2010
Nov 28, 2010 10:03 AM in response to: DOESANYONEHAVEONE
Re: download software via DS download play

Hello,

To allow us to better help, can you clarify what you're trying to use the DS Download Play feature for? The DS Download Play feature lets multiple Nintendo DS units share one DS Game Card for multiplayer action, or in some cases, it's used to send and receive game demos from a second Nintendo DS or a Wii console.  This feature does not work over the Internet but connects one system to another. If you're trying to use the local wireless multiplayer feature of a game, can you let us know what game you're currently having difficulty with?

If you're attempting to download a DSiWare game or application over the Internet, you'll want to use the Nintendo DSi Shop channel. If you're not familiar with this feature, you can access the Nintendo DSi Shop by selecting the blue shopping bag icon on the Nintendo DSi's main menu.

DSI'S 414 posts since
May 8, 2010
Nov 28, 2010 3:16 PM in response to: DOESANYONEHAVEONE

If you have a Wii and you go on the Nintendo channel and hit Ds download play you can choose demos to play. Or if you have a Ds game like New Super Mario Bros. you or other people can all play with each other through the Ds download play, as long as you have at least one compatable game card. And if you go to a store like Walmart or Gamestop they usually have demos for you to play. Hope this helps.   

2 posts since
Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 2:48 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_GARY

I am experiencing a similar issue.  I am trying to do multiplayer for Mario Party and New Super Mario Brothers and this message just hangs.  I know the two DSs acknowledge one another as they use the picto chat feature.  I tried switching the game cartridge from one DS to the other - no luck.  I am following the instructions for the DS and the game to a T.  Please help.

1 posts since
Jan 18, 2011
Jan 18, 2011 10:02 AM in response to: NOA_TECH_GARY

My sons DS Lite has developed the same problem.  It continues to try to access a software download when it is powered up, even though he has never used the download play feature and is not in a Wifi environment.  He cannot play the game that is in the card slot unless he clicks on it very quickly.  The software download attempt, that runs endlessly, cannot be bypassed except by clicking quickly on the game or powering down.  As a result, setup screens, resetting the stylus alignment, etc. cannot be accessed.  How do we get the device to stop looking for software?

427 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jan 20, 2011 5:50 PM in response to: GLENNBOB

In order for DS system #2 to pick up the download from DS system #1, DS system #1 will need to be set to broadcast the information first. Because the steps may vary based on the game, you should be able to find the instructions in the game manual on how this is done.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)