Skip navigation
64,792 Views 10 Replies Last post: Apr 27, 2011 7:06 AM by DADSONCOMBO
RSS
NOA_TECH_ZEKE 130 posts since
Mar 31, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 29, 2010 3:23 PM

Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 Player Mode

Some of you may have noticed your second remote does not stay synced when playing “Donkey Kong Country Returns. This is due to the game working a little differently than other games. If you would like to play the game with two players, use the following steps:

1. From the Wii Main Menu, start Donkey Kong Country Returns.
  2. Select a file to use.
  3. Select “2 Players” and a screen will prompt you to sync your second remote.  Press and release the A button on the second Wii Remote and you should be set to go.
  4. If the second Wii Remote doesn’t work (the blue lights on the remote blink and turn off, or there are no blue lights), please click here for Wii Remote troubleshooting.

If the above steps don’t work, please contact us at 1-800-255-3700 any day of the week between 6am and 7pm Pacific time so that one of our representatives may assist you. Thanks.

1 posts since
Dec 28, 2010
Dec 28, 2010 9:58 AM in response to: NOA_TECH_ZEKE
Re: Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 Player Mode

This solution will work only after you have established your first 'New Game' using only one remote.  If you try and move to 'Two Players' right out of the box, you are not allowed to (and like me, probably boxed it up and are ready to bring it back to the store).  However, if you start your first game with only one remote, save and quit the game, you will then be able to follow the solution offered by NOA_TECH_ZEKE when you go back into the first saved game.  There is definitely a bug here but you can get around it.

6 posts since
Dec 20, 2010
Dec 29, 2010 3:06 PM in response to: JEMIK

thank you

4 posts since
Feb 10, 2011
Feb 10, 2011 7:09 PM in response to: JEMIK

Awesome! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

6 posts since
Dec 20, 2010
Dec 28, 2010 5:40 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_ZEKE

thanks my problem is resolved thanks again

Best Reguards,SUPERMARIO664

1 posts since
Dec 29, 2010
Dec 29, 2010 9:29 AM in response to: NOA_TECH_ZEKE

I have found that my issue isn't just with 2 player mode and it happens with player one, not player two. Any ideas as to why that is happeneing?

6 posts since
Dec 20, 2010
Dec 29, 2010 3:03 PM in response to: STUFFINMUFFIN

no, try calling 1-800-255-3700 sorry

1 posts since
Dec 29, 2010
Dec 29, 2010 11:32 AM in response to: NOA_TECH_ZEKE

We have the same issues, but the instructions on here didn't work.  If we start a game and add a player, then it works ok.  That's a pain, but at least we can play multiplayer - kind of.  The big issue now is with the controller dropping out like every 30 seconds.   There's no pattern, but it's always the second remote.  It drops out and then you have to push a button and then it adds it back in.  Makes it impossible to play 2 players.  I'm hearing rave reviews about this game and really want to play it with my family so this is a real bummer.

6 posts since
Dec 20, 2010
Dec 29, 2010 3:06 PM in response to: BTHAX

yeah i wanted to play with my sister try calling 1-800-255-3700 sorry i cant help 

1 posts since
Jan 3, 2011
Jan 3, 2011 1:07 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_ZEKE

thx a lot!

1 posts since
Apr 27, 2011
Apr 27, 2011 7:06 AM in response to: NOA_TECH_ZEKE

Once you enter into the Donkey Kong game press the home button on the Player 1 remote (this takes you to the settings screen).  Once there, move that little white hand down to the remote icon at the bottom of the screen and click that.  This will give you the option to disconnect the remote, and that is exactly what you do, disconnect Player 1.

(Since I assume you have 2 Wii remotes at this juncture, both are now inactive.)

While still in the disconnect/reconnect screen, take Player 2 remote and press 1 and 2 simultaneously until the Wii activates it.  Your Player 2 remote has now become Player 1.

Remember your Player 1 remote is still inactive at this point.

Enter back into the Donkey Kong game.

Use your newly acquired Player 1 remote to go into the add/drop players option.

Once there, take the inactive Player 2 remote (which used to be Player 1) and press both number 1 and 2 simultaneously and hold for a few seconds.

This will get you in.  It got me and my son in, and trust me it has worked for us EVERY time.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)