Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
5,537 Views 2 Replies Last post: Jan 9, 2011 2:28 PM by BJON
RSS
2 posts since
Jan 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 9, 2011 4:52 PM

WiFi is fine, but can't connect to DSi Shop

I'm trying to set up my daughter's new DSi. I can connect to the internet fine...it does the test successfully and I have updated the system, which uses the Internet. So, I know I can successfully communicate across the Internet. I'm also matching the settings on my son's DSi and his system has no troubles.

On my daughter's unit, I cannot access the DSi shop. About 50% of the time, the unit freezes--the music halts and continuously plays the last note of the "please wait music" that had been playing. The other 50% of the time, the music plays, but the wifi indicator (on screen) never turns green and never shows more than 1 bar even though I've tried this within a few feet of my wireless router. Every once in a while, the on-screen indicator turns green, shows more than one bar, but still the unit never connects to the shop.

We've tried with and without a game cartridge installed. We've tried with and without an SD card installed. The unit can successfully use the unit-to-unit wireless features (my son and daughter have played 2-player games). So the basic radio functions are working. It's just the DSi Shop that doesn't work. As I noted, my son's unit connects just fine.

What other things should I check? Would a system reset help? (My daughter really doesn't want to lose her game progress records.)

Thanks

**Removed personal info -Remember, we do not allow real names, emails, phone numbers or any other personal information to be revealed on our forums-Jake**

1 posts since
Jan 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 9, 2011 2:28 PM in response to: SKYPANTHER
Re: WiFi is fine, but can't connect to DSi Shop

This has been the same issue with my son's DSI XL.

I went through Nintendo multiple times and they couldn't help me.

Thinking about sending his unit in but would definitely love not to spend the money.

Someone please help us!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)