Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
9,487 Views 4 Replies Last post: Jan 18, 2011 3:24 AM by E-DUDNETNIN
RSS
2 posts since
Jan 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 9, 2011 5:16 PM

Intel My Wifi as an access point?

Hello

I recently got a new computer that's running Windows 7 64 bit, meaning there's no way for my old Nintendo Wifi USB Connector to function with this computer.

However, the computer comes with this "Intel My Wifi Technology." It claims that, once enabled "Devices may connect to this computer as they would connect to a wifi access point."

But my DS doesn't recognize it when it's enabled, and my wii will find it, but be unable to connect to the internet and give me error code 51330.

Can anyone here help me get connected?

E-DUDNETNIN 465 posts since
Apr 5, 2010
Jan 13, 2011 4:25 AM in response to: 7THMAGI
Re: Intel My Wifi as an access point?

It seems to me like the problem is that the "Intel My WiFi Technology" has security settings that do not match up to, or are not recognized by the Wii and DS. Do know if there is any way you can change security settings on that program?

28 posts since
Jan 8, 2011
Jan 14, 2011 6:24 PM in response to: 7THMAGI

It's always easiest to deal with if you use a router instead of questionable "all in one" technology built into a computer.  just get a basic router and put it between the connection and the computer and use the router.  not only can you share the connection to other devices, but you won't need to have your computer on while you deal with the your DS and Wii (or any other device that can use wifi )

E-DUDNETNIN 465 posts since
Apr 5, 2010
Jan 18, 2011 3:24 AM in response to: 7THMAGI

If you turned off all security for it, then it's probably just that the Wii and DS cannot recognize it as a compatible access point.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)