Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
4,312 Views 1 Reply Last post: Jan 17, 2011 7:59 PM by BFMV3
RSS
4 posts since
Nov 1, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 17, 2011 7:12 PM

Wii not connecting

I don't know what the problem is with this but I'm reading all these different entries across the support site and it seems like there are ways to configure a Linksys WRT54G rought (the one I have) but I try all the different ways to configure the router both before and after the firmware update and nothing ever works.

It seems to me like the Nintendo Wii just has inherent internet connection issues which seems like a programming failure to me. What is so difficult to get a computer for crying out loud to connect to the internet?!?! I've never had issues like this before. Ever internet ready WiFi device I've ever had or used, has just worked with the internet. I've never had to spend weeks and endless hours on the phone with IT to ultimately waste life on troubleshooting techniques that never produce results.

I do have a wireless ISP. Could that be the problem that the connection rate is just not fast enough to support the Wii connection? If need be I'll change my ISP to be a wired source so that I can get faster data transfer rates, such as cable DLS or some other type of High-Speed internet that is transmitted via wire instead of wireless.

Considering the Wii is wireless, it probably shouldn't matter what kind of wireless router is used, as long as it's configured properly correct?

BFMV3 119 posts since
Oct 30, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 17, 2011 7:59 PM in response to: ECBOUDREAU
Re: Wii not connecting

Alright, sorry if this dumb question, but I'm confused. Can your Wii find the router? And if so, what security type does it have?

Message was edited by: CSF101

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)