Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
23,167 Views 6 Replies Last post: Jan 28, 2012 8:49 AM by TYLER645
RSS
1 posts since
Feb 5, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 5, 2011 10:24 AM

DS Lite - Won't Charge or Start Up

I got my DS Lite a few years ago, sometime in early 2009 I think, in case that helps with my problem.

I have plugged my charger in the wall, then into my DS Lite, and the orange-ish charging light lights up for a second or two, but then stops. I tried turing on my DS Lite, but it doesn't work at all. It worked roughly a week ago, but then I didn't play it for a week, and now it isn't working at all.

I am guessing this is a battery problem, where can I get another battery for it and how much will it most likely cost?

If you don't think this is a battery problem, please tell me what you think.

GREENLIGHTNINGSTRIKES151 470 posts since
Jan 6, 2011
Feb 5, 2011 10:47 AM in response to: MUDDYY2
Re: DS Lite - Won't Charge or Start Up

Yeah, it sounds like it's a battery problem.

If you want to replace your battery, call Nintendo's Consumer Assistance Hotline at 1-800-255-3700 from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. Pacific Time, and order a replacement battery there. I believe it costs around US$15.00.

52 posts since
Jul 18, 2010
Feb 25, 2011 8:58 AM in response to: GREENLIGHTNINGSTRIKES151

or you could splurge and get some official more powerful nintendo batteries

NINTENMAN94 1,276 posts since
Feb 9, 2011
Feb 25, 2011 2:52 PM in response to: MUDDYY2

This might be dumb, but have you tried a different charger?

If that doesn't work, It's most likely a battery problem.

194 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Feb 26, 2011 10:57 AM in response to: MUDDYY2

MUDDYY2  wrote:

I got my DS Lite a few years ago, sometime in early 2009 I think, in case that helps with my problem.

I have plugged my charger in the wall, then into my DS Lite, and the orange-ish charging light lights up for a second or two, but then stops. I tried turing on my DS Lite, but it doesn't work at all. It worked roughly a week ago, but then I didn't play it for a week, and now it isn't working at all.

I am guessing this is a battery problem, where can I get another battery for it and how much will it most likely cost?

If you don't think this is a battery problem, please tell me what you think.

If you still need assistance I would suggest you check our online troubleshooting here.  Depending on the specifics of your situation, the problem may be the DS Lite, the battery, or the AC adapter.

If you need further assistance, please give us a call at 1-800-255-3700 anytime between 6 AM and 7 PM Pacific Time.

RCAPPS 2 posts since
Jan 26, 2012
Jan 28, 2012 8:33 AM in response to: MUDDYY2

Was this problem ever fixed? and if so what was the solution? I have the same issue and I would like to know if it would just be cheeper to get it reparied or just get a new ds?

TYLER645 1,015 posts since
Oct 9, 2011
Jan 28, 2012 8:49 AM in response to: RCAPPS

I would try someone else's charger or change the battery. If it still doesn't charge or start up after trying the two troubleshooting steps, it sounds like your DS Lite will have to be repaired by Nintendo by calling 1-800-255-3700. I think it's cheaper to get the DS Lite repaired than get a new one.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)