1 "correct" answer available (4 pts)
10,308 Views 7 Replies Last post: May 13, 2011 6:04 AM by RIKKUGIRL
RSS
VVVDINOVVV 41 posts since
Jan 23, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 13, 2011 6:59 PM

Gameboy button not working right.

Hi, I have a Gameboy Advance SP and the R button feels lose compared to the L button, some times when I press the R button It works and sometimes it does not. What should I do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

NINTENMAN94 1,276 posts since
Feb 9, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 7:37 PM in response to: VVVDINOVVV
Re: Gameboy button not working right.

You could try jiggling the button ( but don't do it to hard) . There might be some dirt or something clogging the R button.

NINTENMAN94 1,276 posts since
Feb 9, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 3:52 PM in response to: VVVDINOVVV

I don't think there is a "real" way to fix it. Nintendo doesn't repair old systems anymore (to my knowledge anyways), and fixing the button would require taking the button out, and replacing the spring mechanism or something. If it's really bugging you, you could just get another Gameboy Advance SP. I know that doesn't help much

5 posts since
Feb 21, 2011
Feb 21, 2011 4:34 AM in response to: VVVDINOVVV

The tactile switch inside the system has worn out, or may be damaged.  Repair would require that the SP be openend, and the original switch be de-soldered and replaced with a new switch.  It's not that hard to accomplish for someone experienced in the matter, but can be daunting if you have no experience soldering electronic devices.  Seek a qualified technician to help. 

GARLICANDHERBCROUTONS 813 posts since
Jan 22, 2011
Feb 27, 2011 2:35 PM in response to: CONSOLETECH

The same thing happened to me! Only it was on my old DS (I don't have it anymore now I have an DSi XL) and it was the L button not the R button. What I did was I used my hand and banged it (In a way that did not damage it.) It was actually pushed way too far into its socket so it wouldn't press again. But by banging it (the button) I was able to get it to pop back out and be pushable again. I REALLY hope this helps. (ps. Note: this technique does not damage the button in fact it makes it better because now its back out again and not stuck anymore! (pss. my friend in real life used this technique to fix my DS thats how I learned about it.) (psss. I am pretty sure the L and R buttons on the DS are the same as the L and R buttons on the Gameboy.)

RIKKUGIRL 14 posts since
May 9, 2011
May 13, 2011 6:04 AM in response to: VVVDINOVVV

I'm having the same problem with my Gameboy Advance SP. On the same button even, though it doesn't feel loose to me. I would give you some advice, but I haven't figured out what to do yet...

Sorry.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)