Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
15,468 Views 6 Replies Last post: Jul 16, 2012 1:45 PM by NINTENDOIFAN101
RSS
ASH392 18 posts since
Jul 20, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 18, 2011 4:39 PM

My DSi Top Screen Is Going Blank!

While playing Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, my top screen sometimes flickers, and then go completely black! The touch screen is still responding, the game is still playing, and the top screen still has sound playing. After a while, the top screen either flickers the picture until it goes black again, or it shows up everything again.

Also, my DSi will turn off automatically without me holding the power button. It's not because the system's battery ran out of power, because I've seen it turn off by itself while the DSi's power light is still blue.

What could be the cause of this, and if possible, how can I fix it?

My DSi's warranty ran out, and I don't have the money to get it repaired (And even if I did, I would go spend it on the upcoming 3DS instead.)

GREENLIGHTNINGSTRIKES151 470 posts since
Jan 6, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 6:18 PM in response to: ASH392
Re: My DSi Top Screen Is Going Blank!

From the looks of it, I'd say both the "top" part of your Nintendo DSi and power switch are loose. Now, these are both symptoms of rough handling. Has it ever been dropped, handled roughly, etc.?

Either way, it sounds like it'd be best to wait it out and buy the Nintendo 3DS.

7 posts since
Feb 17, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 9:42 PM in response to: ASH392

I don't know about that, but I know cell phones do that when the're about ten years old

CNA12 36 posts since
Feb 22, 2011
Feb 22, 2011 6:31 PM in response to: ASH392

My ds lite did that too, but my top screen was almost completely disconnected from the bottom screen. So somthing in your dsi musi have disconnected.

NESTEAROCKS 126 posts since
Jan 8, 2011
Feb 23, 2011 5:12 AM in response to: ASH392

I think the probelm is the screen is the screen is broken or it is getting broken. Yah, I would care to ,uch about repair cause I know you want the 3DS that is coming out in March. I wouldnt worry about repair, buy a 3DS in march.

NINTENMAN94 1,276 posts since
Feb 9, 2011
Feb 23, 2011 12:32 PM in response to: ASH392

It sounds like the top screen is broken. You should send it into Nintendo so they can fix it.

Sorry, but I think that's your best option as of now.

NINTENDOIFAN101 39 posts since
Feb 26, 2012
Jul 16, 2012 1:45 PM in response to: NINTENMAN94

erm... this may be a bit late but i may know the cause. If you've been blowing into the R/L buttons to make them work (like you hear allll over the place to do if they fail at working) , then the flashing on/off of the screen is because of this. I'm not 100% sure why it does this when you blow into r/l buttons, but I think its because moisture gets into the connection of the top and bottom screen and messes up the connection a bit. Usualy its temporary but if the dsi/xl is dropped in water, that may be permanent. Hope this helped!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)