Skip navigation

This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
20,802 Views 6 Replies Last post: Feb 28, 2011 6:58 AM by 00T
RSS
4 posts since
Feb 19, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 19, 2011 5:45 PM

Keep getting error message telling me to eject disk!

"An error has occured.  Press the eject button, remove the game disc, and turn off the power to the console.  Please read the Wii operations manual for further instructions."  This started last night playing 007 online.  After the second time I went ahead and did a system update, then managed to get one game in before it did it again.  Have tried several other games, both online and offline, and keeps happening.  The only game that has played for a significant amount of time before the error occurs is Wii sports.  However it has also happened when not in a game, I tried clearing some memory and when I was done it happened.  The operations manual just refers me to the website which says I need to send it in for repairs.  Anybody else having this problem?  Is there anything I can do without sending it in?  PLEASE HELP!!  Thanks!!

NINTENMAN94 1,276 posts since
Feb 9, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 9:04 PM in response to: 00T
Re: Keep getting error message telling me to eject disk!

Sounds like a problem eith the Wii lens. Sometimes, dust and dirt can accumulate on the lens inside your Wii. I would recomend getting the Wii cleaning kit.

If this doesn't work, then I would recomend that you send in your Wii to Nintendo to be fixed.

MARIO 3,379 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Feb 21, 2011 9:26 AM in response to: 00T

This page (click here) does have some troubleshooting information, but it looks like if this is happening with all of your games, the system may need a repair. Of course you are welcome to try the cleaning kit first. You can contact Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 for more information or to set up a repair.

CNA12 36 posts since
Feb 22, 2011
Feb 22, 2011 5:48 PM in response to: NINTENMAN94

I also heard that you can use some canned air to blow out the dirt. I tried it once and it worked, but for a short time though.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)