Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
31,794 Views 4 Replies Last post: Feb 25, 2011 10:00 PM by NINTENMAN94
RSS
2 posts since
Feb 24, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 23, 2012 11:58 AM

Wii not reading discs

I have owned my wii for quite a while (two years I think?) and this is the first time I've had problems with it. I was playing Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer on the wii, when suddenly an error message inturrupted my five kill streak. Anyway, it said something like, "An error has occurred, please remove the game disc and remove the power supply to the wii, and restart." I did what it said, and everything seemed fine, but when I put the disc back in the wii did not respond, other than saying "Cannot read game disc" when I went to the disc channel. It didn't do any of the usual clicking that it does when there is a disc in there. I'm guessing the disc drive is fried? Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

-Thanks!

NESTEAROCKS 125 posts since
Jan 8, 2011
Nov 23, 2012 11:58 AM in response to: ADAM133
Re: Wii not reading discs

I saw this happen before to my Wii that I own, and do all disks read? If no disks read, your Wii will have to get repaired.

14 posts since
Feb 23, 2011
Feb 24, 2011 2:53 PM in response to: ADAM133

Try using a Lens cleaner. You can buy one from this site or at a local store such as : Walmart, Target, Game Stop or bestbuy. And use a soft cloth ( such as what you get with glasses ) and LIGHTLY wipe the disk.

NINTENMAN94 1,276 posts since
Feb 9, 2011
Feb 25, 2011 10:00 PM in response to: ADAM133

Hey.......stuff happens. My Wii stopped working without warning too, but I got it fixed. If the warranty of the Wii (which is like a year and a half's worth) hasn't expired yet, the repair will be free.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)