Skip navigation
This discussion is locked

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
6,450 Views 5 Replies Last post: Mar 5, 2011 3:16 PM by NOA_TECH_CAMILLE
RSS
2 posts since
Mar 1, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 1, 2011 3:23 PM

Fire Emblem GBA Calculations

I'm able to calculate the basics, like damage= Str/Mag+Weapon Mt - enemy Def/ Res

thats simple stuff, But I'd like to know more, I'd like to know how the entire statistical system operates and is calculated to produce all the various statistics.

in specific I'm stumped on the numerical/statistical interaction of weapon 'Wt'

also, I'm confused on how various stats are calculated under Equipment:

Atk: according to my closest calculation it's; Weapon Mt+Str+1 (possibly from luck?)

Hit: Weapon Hit+Skill+Spd+ %luck?

Crit: Weapon Crit+ ? - Enemy Avoid?

Avoid: Spd + %luck? + Weapon Mt? - Enemy Spd?

multiple attacks: what is the calculation that determines how many times you attack verses your opponent?

this is just something I've wondered for a long time.

794 posts since
Apr 12, 2010
Mar 1, 2011 5:09 PM in response to: JOSHEXDIRAD
Re: Fire Emblem GBA Calculations

well...

(stats I know from fire emblem SD ds)

attack= strngt + wpn strngh (killing edge 60) (which is a damage calculator, really)

hit= hit (on chrctr) + weapon accuracy + speed + speed and avd of enemy

critical= weapon crt (killing edge has a 30% chance while a iron sword has about a 2-5%) + chrctr hit and crt

avd= speed and luck + weapon accuracy

**** these all are influenced by a character HOLDING the item, as well as the character BEING ATTACKED. Stats of the weapon can change for different characters

ie- my Marth, holding a killing edge will do about 20 damage (to a regular swords unit/horsemen) with a 0 avd, and 35 crit, but Abel will only do about 15 with a 25-30% chance

multiple

You will almost always counter an opponents attack, but sometimes you wont, it misses, or you DIE (worst case). When attacking, some weapons will display 2x

on the screen, meaning double strike, one strike has no better odds than the other. Certain weapons, like brave weapon, automatically strike twice

for more info, i suggest looking around forums and the fire emblem wiki

there is a site that has/had been developing calculators, but im not sure if they still are.( Cant post the link here) You can always look around.

794 posts since
Apr 12, 2010
Mar 3, 2011 3:00 PM in response to: JOSHEXDIRAD

in the GBA, if the characters have a crt. with their stats, and weapons had a crt. then those two are the defining stats for critical hits. These are randomly calculated between the two

if the GBA has a stat that have avd on the character, and weapon acc, then those two are together, as well as speed, like, ive seen characters with speed (in this game) 100 and avd 60, with an enemy weapon with a 50 50 shot at hitting, this is all probability calculated

Im not sure what weapon weight is, do tell me more

NUKADA1 138 posts since
Apr 5, 2010
Mar 5, 2011 12:23 PM in response to: JOSHEXDIRAD

If I may make a suggestiong, the fan-based website www.serenesforest.net is a great compilation of just about every bit of fire emblem information you could ever want. Just pick the game and go from there.

Here's the page for every calculation you could want in Sacred Stones, http://www.serenesforest.net/fe8/calc.html

87 posts since
Jun 11, 2010
Mar 5, 2011 3:16 PM in response to: JOSHEXDIRAD

Just a friendly reminder that general game play discussions like this aren't part of our Tech Support Forums unless you think you have a problem with your game. Please keep topics to tech support only and avoid general game discussions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)