Skip navigation

This Question is Not Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
4,699 Views 0 Replies Last post: Mar 8, 2011 3:23 PM by SLTHEPYRO
RSS
SLTHEPYRO 2 posts since
Mar 8, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 8, 2011 3:23 PM

Error with the installation of Wi-Fi USB Connector on Windows 7.

Hello, all.

I'm having a very peculiar problem when I'm trying to install my Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector on my Windows 7. Rather than the typical run-of-the-mill errors that I keep finding, my issue revolves around the computer not either installing the drivers correctly, or not installing them at all. It gets up to the point where it asks me to insert the USB Connector, but then I get an error indicating that it can't find the drivers (see the image below).

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/shadow_link2005/error.png

I've ran through at least ten potential solutions that don't involve messing with my computer in a way I don't want to mess with it. The solution I found most often was simply to run the installer .exe with Vista compatibility, which did show some more promise -- it gave me the security prompt for whether I want to install the software or not -- but I still wound up getting stopped at the exact same spot; I wind up having to manually remove the faulty USB Connector installation with Device Manager. Another solution was to download working drivers from the Buffalo website, but wouldn't you know it, all the operating systems they were meant to work with were pre-Windows XP and were thus incompatible with the USB Connector installer.

I'm at the end of my rope. Having failed utterly to resolve the problem myself, I have no choice but to turn to the Tech Support Forums. Is there any way I can get the USB Connector to install correctly on my Windows 7? Thanks in advance.

In case they hold any significance, here are some of my system specs:

Manufacturer: Dell

Model: Studio XPS 4357

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU, 920 @ 2.67GHZ

RAM: 6 GB

System: 64-bit

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)