Skip navigation
7,764 Views 3 Replies Last post: Mar 27, 2011 3:01 PM by RAYQUAZA06
RSS
1 posts since
Mar 15, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 15, 2011 10:56 PM

DS Lite to 3DS WFC Transfer Necessary?

Hello. I currently have a DS Lite. I am thinking about taking advantage of the promotion at GameStop to trade it in for store credit towards pre-ordering a 3DS. As such, I would not have access to the DS Lite to switch over my Wi-Fi Connection data. I am also currently playing Pokemon White, and had it registered with my current DS's WFC to go online and get the Liberty Pass.

If I go through with the deal for store credit, will that mean that I can't get online with Pokemon White since it isn't registered with that system? I've tried asking GameStop if there would be a way to transfer it over the day of, but I have gotten canned responses (e-mail support) and 'I don't know about the wi-fi' (in-store). If it won't affect my online play on Pokemon White, I don't mind. I would just like to know. Any help would be appreciated.

_TANIS_ 1,734 posts since
Apr 24, 2010
Mar 16, 2011 5:54 AM in response to: THE_WADESTER
Re: DS Lite to 3DS WFC Transfer Necessary?

I can't speak to how this works with Pokemon Black and White, but in past pokemon games (and all other WiFi-enabled games), the game woudl simply relink to the new DS.

9 posts since
Nov 24, 2010
Mar 26, 2011 3:40 AM in response to: _TANIS_

u just have to set up the wifi conection on the new ds and once u connect u will tell u the sytem and game are not linked and it will give u a new freind code but be shure to right down the people in your freind list because if i rember right it delets all your freinds

11 posts since
Sep 5, 2010
Mar 27, 2011 3:01 PM in response to: THE_WADESTER

Actually if you just asked the actual people in-store I bet they would have no problem letting you send your WFC data.

You don't need to send the WFC data over but you  you will have new friend codes for all games and anyone that had you will need to re-add you and you'll have to re-add them, as stated above it deletes all that stuff.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)