Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
368,072 Views 2 Replies Last post: Mar 27, 2011 7:35 AM by NOA_TECH_MIKA
RSS
1 posts since
Mar 24, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 24, 2011 12:06 PM

How do I get netflix on wii?

So I have a netflix account and know all I need is to download the wii netflix channel, but for some reason the channel download isn't even an option to download. For some reason it just doesn't appear at all with all the other channels, such as the internet, nintendo, picture, etc. channels. What's wrong then? Please, anyone who can help, please help.

3 posts since
Jun 12, 2010
Mar 24, 2011 1:39 PM in response to: BIGMAN-M
Re: How do I get netflix on wii?

Hello Bigman-M,

Several months ago there wasn't a Netflix channel available for download but, instead, a CD that could be sent to your house (if you happened to request it) that contained your Netflix account number on it and allowed access to something very similar to the Netflix channel.  When I noticed the channel and downloaded it, the CD happened to be in the wii and relayed all the necessary information to confirm the Netflix account existance.  Although that is probably not a choice available to you, you should be able to get onto Netflix and register your wii as one of six devices allowed to use your account.  Be prepared incase you are asked for the serial number of your wii.

EDIT: I probably should have been paying more attention.  Some MODS started a thread awhile back to help with your kind of problem.  Here's the thread's link: http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/2709?tstart=0

NOA_TECH_MIKA 394 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Mar 27, 2011 7:35 AM in response to: BIGMAN-M
Re: How do I get netflix on wii?

BIGMAN-M  wrote:

So I have a netflix account and know all I need is to download the wii netflix channel, but for some reason the channel download isn't even an option to download. For some reason it just doesn't appear at all with all the other channels, such as the internet, nintendo, picture, etc. channels. What's wrong then? Please, anyone who can help, please help.

Hi BIGMAN-M,

BLARG1111 sent you to a great thread that you can use if you have any additional troubleshooting issue or questions.  Now to answer your specific problem, it sounds like your Wii's country settings are incorrect.  If you don't have your Wii set to United States or Canada, Netflix will not show up in the Wii Shop Channel.  Go into your Wii Settings and make sure your country setting is correct, then try downloading Netflix from the Wii Shop Channel again.  That should do it!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)