Skip navigation
45,231 Views 8 Replies Last post: Mar 8, 2012 5:43 PM by IKSLEEP
RSS
UNCLEBOB 50 posts since
Apr 8, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 27, 2011 10:46 AM

Changing your Personal Mii

So, when I first went into the Mii Studio, the stupid system made me  create a Mii.  I left everything at the default settings (actually named  the Mii "Default") just so I could get into the studio and import my  Mii from my Wii.

Except now, "Default" is my personal Mii and I don't see *anywhere* I can select a different Mii.

Any suggestions?

(PS: Yes, I know I can go in and edit the Default Mii into a me-Mii, but I already have a me-Mii that I want to use.)

BURNINGSPEAR 12 posts since
Dec 17, 2010
Mar 27, 2011 12:06 PM in response to: UNCLEBOB
Re: Changing your Personal Mii

Related question. I imported all my Miis from my Wii, and I'd like to substitute my Wii Mii for the personal one I created on the 3DS. Doesn't seem possible.

11 posts since
Sep 5, 2010
Mar 27, 2011 7:40 PM in response to: UNCLEBOB

Sorry to deliver bad news, but you'll have to edit the main Mii into whatever it is that you guys wanted it to look like.

1 posts since
Apr 2, 2011
Apr 2, 2011 3:11 AM in response to: RAYQUAZA06

Seriously, this is a bad surprise. We need to be able to switch personal mii on 3DS. Otherwise the import of the mii from wii to 3ds is useless to me : I want to use the same mii on 3DS as the one I use on Wii, and I don't want to edit the first mii I created on 3DS to make it look like it, because it's a pain!

I see a lot of questions about this problem on the internet, so I am not the only one to consider that this is a missing feature. Really, It doesn't look hard to implement this request on 3DS, so please Nintendo?

1 posts since
Apr 4, 2011
Apr 4, 2011 12:44 PM in response to: NICO1975

I agree, this is something that shouldn't be an issue, but it is!

RICKXY 1 posts since
Mar 7, 2012
Mar 7, 2012 12:09 AM in response to: UNCLEBOB

Here is the answer I received from NINTENDO.

I even used this post as a reference(deleting any personal information and identification) to show NINTENDO that it is an issue to be addressed...

They don't seem to care about it, so, nothing we can do about it.

"I just copied the forum post, because I've been having the same issue. Just wanted to use my Wii created Mii into my 3DS, as my personal Mii, but it seems impossible.
If what follows is true, is there a workaround for that issue?
If not, is NINTENDO planning on releassing a patch to address the issue?

Thank you!"

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. In answer to your question, the personal Mii associated with the Nintendo 3DS cannot be deleted for swapped for another Mii.

Your personal Mii can only be edited to look different and to have a different name. This will not affect the Friend Code and registered friends will see the new version once both systems are online together. The only way to delete the personal Mii is to perform a system format. When the system is reformatted, all data is lost including the personal Mii. However, you'll still need to create your own personal Mii, as a premade one cannot be selected as your personal Mii.

At this time, I haven't heard of any plans to make any changes to the way a personal Mii is created on the Nintendo 3DS. However, I'll be sure to document your comments and share them with the appropriate departments at Nintendo.

I hope this clarifies everything for you.

Sincerely,

Alain Dao
Nintendo of America Inc.
SPECSROCK 184 posts since
Nov 16, 2011
Mar 8, 2012 10:47 AM in response to: RICKXY

RickXY is right.

RICKXY  wrote:

Here is the answer I received from NINTENDO.

I even used this post as a reference(deleting any personal information and identification) to show NINTENDO that it is an issue to be addressed...

They don't seem to care about it, so, nothing we can do about it.

"I just copied the forum post, because I've been having the same issue. Just wanted to use my Wii created Mii into my 3DS, as my personal Mii, but it seems impossible.
If what follows is true, is there a workaround for that issue?
If not, is NINTENDO planning on releassing a patch to address the issue?

Thank you!"

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. In answer to your question, the personal Mii associated with the Nintendo 3DS cannot be deleted for swapped for another Mii.

Your personal Mii can only be edited to look different and to have a different name. This will not affect the Friend Code and registered friends will see the new version once both systems are online together. The only way to delete the personal Mii is to perform a system format. When the system is reformatted, all data is lost including the personal Mii. However, you'll still need to create your own personal Mii, as a premade one cannot be selected as your personal Mii.

At this time, I haven't heard of any plans to make any changes to the way a personal Mii is created on the Nintendo 3DS. However, I'll be sure to document your comments and share them with the appropriate departments at Nintendo.

I hope this clarifies everything for you.

Sincerely,

Alain Dao
Nintendo of America Inc.

You have to edit your personal Mii to what you want it to be.  However, in any game you are playing, you can manually select  the Mii that you want to use in that game (StreetPass Mii Plaza, MarioKart 7, etc.)  The only place where you cannot select any other Mii besides your personal one is on the Friend List.  So if you don't mind that, then you should be good to go.  Hope that helps you!

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Mar 8, 2012 3:05 PM in response to: SPECSROCK

I should note that, although you can choose any Mii that you have in the Mii Maker to play, some games will force you to stick with that Mii in a particular save file (i.e. Pilotwings Resort).

IKSLEEP 24 posts since
Mar 6, 2012
Mar 8, 2012 5:43 PM in response to: UNCLEBOB

Unfortinetly, I don't think this is possable.  But I would Edit that Mii as the Mii you want to use.  If it is one form the Wii, You can make it beter due to the N3DS's extra Mii styles.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)