Skip navigation
20,527 Views 14 Replies Last post: Jun 21, 2011 8:00 AM by DAVYDOV611
RSS
1 posts since
Mar 27, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 27, 2011 5:48 PM

StreetPass is not working

I was able to connect to my husbands 3Ds once but his Mii was not able to connect to any of my mini games as if I had never met the Mii in the first place. The EXACT same thing happened when connecting to my friends 3Ds and even after 6 hours I cannot for any reason reconnect to my husband or my friend through the Mii Plaza. We have no connection to the internet and wireless is on. Pass was left alone for almost a whole hour with our systems closed and we could not find each other again. All settings across all systems are set to allow pass, we even went so far as to reset our systems to get past this serious error and were unable to. What on earth is happening and how do we fix this?

8 posts since
May 10, 2010
Mar 28, 2011 9:12 AM in response to: RAVEN-ONE
Re: StreetPass is not working

I have the same problem.  My sister and I connected our 3DSs for streetpass, but I couldn't use her mii in any of the games.  Now we can't connect again.

Can anyone please help?

4 posts since
Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 12:41 PM in response to: RAVEN-ONE

I'm also having a bit of an issue with StreetPass.

I've got it enabled on both my boyfriend and my 3DS', and we got it working great.

However, I brought my 3DS to work, and flashed it around with the other 3DS' my coworkers purchased.

They've all managed to get StreetPass to work with their own respective significant others, however, none of ours will StreetPass...

We've even had all the 3DS' right beside eachother for a few hours.

What's going on??? I don't get it.

4 posts since
Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 2:04 PM in response to: KOJICHAO

Same problem here. I've tried shutting off the system, disabling and re-enabling SteetPass, and checking all of my settings to be sure that StreetPass is turned on. Nothing. I'm at a game development studio; there's literally 20+ Nintendo 3DS systems in the building right now. The fact that I can't pick up even one is really concerning.

However, I heard that shutting off the internet helped some people... so maybe that's worth a try. (Don't disable wireless to try this, just delete your internet location in the settings.)

4 posts since
Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 2:12 PM in response to: KIRBY_POPSTAR

Don't suppose Streetpass (Unintentionally) requires an internet connection?

I don't have access to our company's wireless.. Hmmm... Going to go test!

8 posts since
May 10, 2010
Mar 28, 2011 2:22 PM in response to: KOJICHAO

I don't know if this fixed it or not (Since my sister just barely started up her 3DS) but I turned the WIFI slider off and on again and it worked perfectly! We connected for a second time, and I was able to use her level 2 mii in Find Mii.

TL;DR version: Turn the WIFI slider off and on again, try again.

4 posts since
Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 4:38 PM in response to: NINTENDOPLAYERMANIAC

Very good idea to try! Everyone here at work just did that, but it's been 10 minutes, nothing yet...  I'm not sure what to think...

Apparently 24 minutes ago, the silly things decided to mass Streetpass.    Either that, or the 3DS doesn't immediately tell you when it did a StreetPass.

As to quote the colorful "plausable" solution a coworker described, "It could delay it, that way if some guy walks by a kid who has streetpass enabled, and it goes off, then the guy can't be like, 'Oh hey. Billy just streetpassed me', then be like, "Hey Billy!  Your mom told me to pick you up" and "I hear you like Dogs", then Billy goes, "Oh! Ok!""  .... Mmmyeah.  XD

Either way, I guess wait 8 hr....

Message was edited by: KOJICHAO

8 posts since
May 10, 2010
Mar 28, 2011 5:11 PM in response to: KOJICHAO

Ugh... That's... really creepy.

I didn't need to hear that.

The delay was a good idea.

ANyways, glad to hear you got it working.

3 posts since
Apr 2, 2011
Apr 2, 2011 3:19 PM in response to: RAVEN-ONE

We can't get it to work either. My work has 5 3DS in it and three have had no problems. Two can't seem to recieve miis. They send okay. All are updated and have the same settings. Suggestions?

2 posts since
Mar 18, 2011
Apr 2, 2011 3:58 PM in response to: RAVEN-ONE

Well, whenever me and my friend want to use StreetPass, we both have to be walking for it to work. Otherwise it never exchanges. We tried shaking them just for kicks, but that didn't work. Then as soon as we put them in our pockets and started walking, it worked.

DSI'S 414 posts since
May 8, 2010
Apr 9, 2011 10:26 PM in response to: CAPOLAND

I don't know why the minigames aren't working, but I know that you can only connect to the same person through streetpass every 12 hours. Hope this helps.

17 posts since
Apr 10, 2011
Apr 10, 2011 1:17 PM in response to: DSI'S

The mini games didn't work because either you or the other hasn't started them yet. In order to get the mii to swap pieces or the rpg you have to go in and go through the initial opening sequence in the games after that when you connect through street pass the mini games will work. My husband and I have been able to connect on average every 4 hours or so

RADLESS 77 posts since
Jun 1, 2011
Jun 1, 2011 12:33 PM in response to: RAVEN-ONE

I have that problem, does Wireless need to be off? I dont see why that would make sense but its worth a try...

BEARDEDONE 1,635 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Jun 2, 2011 12:01 AM in response to: RADLESS

No, wireless needs to be on.  StreetPass will work in sleep mode.  You must not be connected to the Internet, and you must not be connected wirelessly to another DS.  For example, if you are playing SF2 against another player, StreetPass will not work.

You also need to enable the StreetPass feature for each of the games that you would like to use with StreetPass.

1 posts since
Jun 19, 2011
Jun 21, 2011 8:00 AM in response to: RAVEN-ONE

I look around the net and I found the problem (more like 3 problems.)  1 being the biggest problem 2 being the normal 3 being the smallest. Any way here they are...

1.theres a bug in the 3ds that disables the street pass this happens when...

1. Your 3ds dyes which might happen when...

1. you change your battery for the nyko battery.

2. you discharge your battery.

2 can be fixed by...

1.formatting the system side affects are...

1. downloaded software and game memory will be deleted

2.you will need to update side affects are...

1.see problem 2

2. the led's on the top right (when closed ) do not work / stay the same when....

1. you update the system and can be fixed by....

1.playing in on your 3ds entell your battery dyes and then taking it out for 5 -15 min and putting it back

side affects are....

1. See problem 1...

3. the 3d led next to the slider is always on this happens  when...

1. you update ( before update if you turn of the 3d the 3d led turns of now it s turns of only when you restrict 3d.)

that's all the problems i hope this has helped!!!

ps my eglish is bad sorry!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)