Skip navigation
9,795 Views 7 Replies Last post: Jul 20, 2012 9:53 PM by NIGHTFIRE5
RSS
4 posts since
Jan 17, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 4, 2011 7:15 PM

My Wi-Fi works for 3DS, but not DS games. Why?

Hey everyone.

Okay, so I've been successfully using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection on my Nintendo 3DS since I first got it through my functional Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. I get friend notifications, play some online racing in Mario Kart DS, and got Victini in Pokémon White Version a couple of days ago.

However, recently, my situation's been like this:

If I want to use Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for Nintendo 3DS stuff like SpotPass, it works completely fine. No hassle at all.

If I'm using the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector to create a connection through the Nintendo DS Connections option in Internet Settings of the System Settings of the Nintendo 3DS, I sometimes get a successful connection test, but at other times I receive the Error Code 52103, even though I've had absolutely no trouble with using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for Nintendo 3DS applications.

Let me pop in Mario Kart DS right now.

I'm attempting to go straight online without any regards to my online status. I'm rejected for the same Error Code mentioned above.

So let me go into the in-game Nintendo WFC Settings. I set it up perfectly fine with no trouble, and upon going online again, it's working marvelously.

Exiting Mario Kart DS right now, and now starting up Pokémon White Version.

I go straight to the Nintendo WFC Settings option, but I'm immediately delivered a message reading:

Please configure your connection settings under the Internet option in the System Settings.

For help, visit support.nintendo.com.

Instead of exiting the game, I decide to try to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection in the game through options such as Mystery Gift. I manage to connect with it, but get kicked out with that same 52103 Error Code. Getting a successful connection test from the System Settings Wi-Fi testing of the Nintendo 3DS itself doesn't change this.

None of the suggestions from looking this Error Code up for Nintendo DS or Nintendo 3DS on Nintendo's site are relevant primarily because I'm using the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, which does in fact work with my Nintendo 3DS, and is within close range of the handheld.

Can anyone please help me here?

GREENLIGHTNINGSTRIKES151 470 posts since
Jan 6, 2011
Apr 4, 2011 9:19 PM in response to: YOSHIRIDER1231
Re: My Wi-Fi works for 3DS, but not DS games. Why?

I can't delete this post due to a bug in the forums' software, so just refer to my post below.

Jan 6, 2011
Apr 4, 2011 9:36 PM in response to: YOSHIRIDER1231

I can't delete this post either. The post I recommend that you read is below this one.

Jan 6, 2011
Apr 4, 2011 9:33 PM in response to: YOSHIRIDER1231

... You did say that, didn't you?

At this point, I would suggest calling Nintendo's Consumer Assistance Hotline at 1-800-255-3700, from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Pacific Time.

CITRAXAS 77 posts since
Jul 20, 2012
Jul 20, 2012 9:51 PM in response to: YOSHIRIDER1231

at this point, i would check my nintendo ds connections, if that does not work, i would erase all my wifi settings and re enter all my settings, if not then try to connect directly to a router. sorry if i didnt help, i know nothing on connections through dongles of which the NWIFIUSBC is one :/

NIGHTFIRE5 3,518 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Jul 20, 2012 9:53 PM in response to: CITRAXAS

CITRAXAS  wrote:

at this point, i would check my nintendo ds connections, if that does not work, i would erase all my wifi settings and re enter all my settings, if not then try to connect directly to a router. sorry if i didnt help, i know nothing on connections through dongles of which the NWIFIUSBC is one :/

Again, as a friendly reminder, please don't go around bumping old threads. This thread has been inactive for more than a year.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)