Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
35,872 Views 1 Reply Last post: Apr 7, 2011 5:56 PM by NOA_TECH_JAKE
RSS
1 posts since
Apr 6, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 6, 2011 4:19 PM

Wii not detecting wireless network

I've had my Wii connected to my Network for a long time now.  My Wii has always detected nearby networks and connected easily.  It's simple stuff, really.

Recently I wanted to connect with my DS, but it wouldn't connect until I changed my security from WPA to WEP.  I tried to reconnect with my Wii to change the settings so it would work as well, but found that my Wii could no longer even detect my network.  So I changed everything back to the original settings-- the way I've been doing it all this time-- and my Wii can't even SEE the network any more, no matter what I do.  It detects all the ones from the surrounding area, but under no setting or circumstance will it even notice that my network exists.  Problems connecting are a little more understandable, but this is a problem that I simply can do nothing about.  I am completetly and utterly confused.  Any help would be enormously appreciated.

Thanks.

**Removed personal info. Remember, we do not allow information such as real names, phone #s or addresses to be posted on our forums -Tech Jake**

427 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 7, 2011 5:56 PM in response to: VALIANTGREEN
Re: Wii not detecting wireless network

This could indicate there wireless interference preventing the Wii from seeing your router. Typcially, this can be resolved by changing the channel the router is broadcasting on. We recommend using channel 1 or 11 as they tend to have the least amount of interference. If neither of those channels work, you will want to go through the rest of the channels one by one.  If you do not know how to access your router settings to change the channel, you can follow the link below and select your router from the list. Here's the link:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/routers/index.jsp

You will also want to make sure the router is broadcasting in a mode that is compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g.

If you continue to experience an issue getting the systems to connect with your router, you should call our Consumer Service office. They can be reached at 1-800-255-3700, 6am-7pm Pacific Time, seven days a week.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)