Skip navigation
15,005 Views 3 Replies Last post: Apr 7, 2011 11:05 AM by THETANK8265WW
RSS
2 posts since
Apr 6, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 6, 2011 8:32 PM

Can't connect to campus wifi

So I'm trying to use my campus wifi, the problem is whenever we connect to wifi with anything we need to supply our campus ID and our password. With the 3DS I can only enter my password so it doesn't work. Any suggestions??? Thanks

_TANIS_ 1,709 posts since
Apr 24, 2010
Apr 6, 2011 9:44 PM in response to: THETANK8265WW
Re: Can't connect to campus wifi

Does your college provide a browser-based authentication system?

If so, you should be able ot use the web browser on the 3DS to log in.

26 posts since
Feb 28, 2011
Apr 7, 2011 11:02 AM in response to: THETANK8265WW
Re: Can't connect to campus wifi

I'm guessing that your campus uses 802.1X wireless encryption, which is used in corporations or universities. Those connections require you to enter in a username and password within the WiFi settings of your device. The Nintendo 3DS sees this as a simple WEP/WPA encrypted network and only asks for the encryption password. In this case, you won't be able to use your Nintendo 3DS on this wireless network. None of Nintendo's devices support these enterprise wireless connections. However, if what the other user posted is correct where you simply just need to log in on a website before you can access the web, then for now you won't be able to access the internet either. The Nintendo 3DS currently doesn't have an internet browser and will be added in a future update (probably around Late May).

I live on campus at a University and use a personal wireless router to access the internet on the 3DS (by connecting the wired ethernet connection in the room to my router).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)