Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
9,372 Views 11 Replies Last post: Apr 22, 2011 9:22 PM by RWALL
RSS
5 posts since
Apr 11, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 11, 2011 2:59 PM

DSi turns on but doesn't work.

My DSi hasn't been working for a while because on my birthday ( in July) it got a Slushy all over it. But when I got home (about an hour later) it still worked fine. But then later on that night it didn't work, the bottom screen is white and the top screen is black with OOOOFEOO written in yellow letters in the top left hand corner but the blue light was still on. So ever since July it hasn't worked but yesterday I tryed turning it on, as I do frequently, but this time it actually worked unlike the other times which it didn't. I was very excited, everything worked right except when I pushed the power button to return to the DSi menu it wouldn't work. Instead I had to shut it off and turn it on again. I was playing on it so long that I had to start charging it so then I shut it off to let it charge, then about 5 minutes later I went to play on it again ( It was still connected) but this time the same thing that happened in July happened again so I tried turning it off and turning it on again, which didn't work. So I unplugged it and turned it on and off again, and it still didn't work. At the moment it still has a white bottom screen and a black top screen with OOOOFEOO in yellow letters in the top left hand corner. Is there any way to fix this?

GARLICANDHERBCROUTONS 813 posts since
Jan 22, 2011
Apr 11, 2011 3:18 PM in response to: ARBELLA2
Re: DSi turns on but doesn't work.

Your DSi is ruined. If you get any kind of liquid on it will be ruined. The DSi is electric. Electricity + Water = a big no no.

Jan 22, 2011
Apr 11, 2011 3:32 PM in response to: ARBELLA2

Good question I guess we will have to wait for more people to come to answer that.

MONKEYCHEESE 116 posts since
Mar 27, 2011
Apr 11, 2011 3:46 PM in response to: ARBELLA2

I guess it was pure luck that the slushie didn't reach into the critical hardware in there sooner.

Shaking the DSi around might have caused it to somehow either gotten critical hardware loose or the slushie finally got its diabolical plans successful.

Game consoles and portables always die on you. It's a known fact. And we can all either complain to Nintendo about it for no results, or we can accept it.

MONKEYCHEESE 116 posts since
Mar 27, 2011
Apr 11, 2011 3:52 PM in response to: ARBELLA2

You can at least try. There may be some silly things that might have happened to it in which it can be fixed in like 5 minutes.

My cousin's wii didn't work because there was a stuffed snake toy in it.

Jan 22, 2011
Apr 11, 2011 3:53 PM in response to: ARBELLA2

No problem.

1 posts since
Apr 17, 2011
Apr 17, 2011 11:48 AM in response to: ARBELLA2

It seems like you have an answer but next time if you get water or something liquid on it take the battery, game, sd (if it's in there), if it wasn't off then turn it off, and the rest off of it and set it out to dry for a few days and if it still doesn't work then it is ruined. I hope you end up getting it to work!

1 posts since
Apr 22, 2011
Apr 22, 2011 9:22 PM in response to: ARBELLA2

My son has experienced the exact same symptoms with his DSi but nothing was spilled on it. He was blowing into the card slot while trying to make a card work and accidently turned it off. When he turned it back on however, the same thing happened with the same letters in yellow "oooofeoo."

I took the unit to another part of the house and tried restarting it again and it worked fine. When I went back upstairs it did the same thing again.

Sounds like blowing into the card slot may be the cause of the problem. I think we'll use canned air from now on.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)