Skip navigation
8,963 Views 3 Replies Last post: Apr 19, 2011 7:32 PM by BEARDEDONE
RSS
2 posts since
Apr 18, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 18, 2011 9:28 PM

3DS '3D' light wont turn off

I found something strange this morning when i started playing nintendogs before getting ready for work. When i use the 3D slider and slide it down, the 3D light did not turn off. The top screen's fine, sliding it down does turn off the 3D depth, as will sliding up will provide depth.

I checked it during lunch and until I got home. My hardware's not literally broken, but it just bothers me. Any way I can fix this? If I can't what are my options/measure to take to have it repaired.

GREENLIGHTNINGSTRIKES151 470 posts since
Jan 6, 2011
Apr 18, 2011 9:42 PM in response to: RAINBOWICHI
Re: 3DS '3D' light wont turn off

That's supposed to happen. You see, the illuminated "3D" next to the 3D slider is not on when the top screen is displaying in 3D, but is on when you are able to have the top screen display in 3D. It doesn't light up at all when you, say, play a Nintendo DS game.

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Apr 19, 2011 7:32 PM in response to: RAINBOWICHI
Re: 3DS '3D' light wont turn off

No, the 3D light does not turn off just because you slide the slider all the way down.  The 3D light will only turn off if you are running software that does not support 3D.

The 3D light will also turn off when you are playing some 3DS games, if there are scenes that do not display in 3D.  For example, in Super Street Fighter IV, there are short movie sequences that are not displayed in 3D.  During these movie sequences the 3D light will be off.

The 3D slider only affects the depth of the 3D images.  It does not turn on or off the 3D light.  That's how it was designed.  Your 3DS is not broken.

See page 23 of the Nintendo 3DS Operations Manual.  It says "If the 3D LED is not lit, moving the 3D slider toward '3D' will not produce a 3D image."

This implies that the 3D LED is lit if 3D is supported, even though the slider is set to "OFF."

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)