Skip navigation
9,886 Views 6 Replies Last post: Apr 23, 2011 5:07 PM by SILVERFERRET801
RSS
5 posts since
Apr 21, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 21, 2011 7:35 AM

3DS Wi-Fi Problem...

Yesterday, all the internet connections on my 3DS stopped working - both the one on the 3DS and the one set up for DS games. They had both been working fine the day before that, and nothing has changed since then. On top of that, the wi-fi works fine on my old DS, and my router isn't having any issues. I tried letting it sit for a while to see if it would solve itself, but it hasn't, and I don't know what to do. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there any way to fix it?

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Apr 21, 2011 3:06 PM in response to: SILVERFERRET801
Re: 3DS Wi-Fi Problem...

Is it possible you accidentally turned your WiFi off?  There is switch on the right side of the 3DS that you can use to turn the WiFi on and off.

7 posts since
Apr 5, 2011
Apr 21, 2011 3:51 PM in response to: SILVERFERRET801

Yes either you might have accientally switched off WIFI, or there might be an IP Address conflict going on within your network. Set a static IP for your 3DS just for reassurance, make sure its within your pool of ip's however for example if the pool is 192.168.2.2-100. make it 192.168.2.99

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Apr 22, 2011 10:41 PM in response to: SILVERFERRET801

Ok, so when you click "Search for an Access Point" nothing shows up?

Have you tried DS Download Play with your 3DS and your old DS?  Does it work?

If you cannot see any access points, and you cannot establish communication between your old DS and your 3DS, check the upper left corner of the top screen.  If it says "Disabled" then your wireless is turned off.

If it does not say "Disabled", but instead says "Enabled" then your wireless is on but is not working.  If this is the case, then it seems like your 3DS is broken and needs to be repaired.  It's definitely still under warranty, so the repair would be free.

Unfortunately, I do not see a way from Nintendo's website to start a repair for an issue like this.  You may need to call Nintendo and explain what is going on.  1-800-255-3700 anytime between 6 AM and 7 PM Pacific Time.

One more thing.  Go into "System Settings", click "Internet Settings", click "Other Information", and click "Confirm MAC Address".  Verify that the MAC Address looks valid.  Another user reported that his 3DS stopped working, and he noticed that his MAC Address was 00-00-00-00-00-00, which I believe is not a valid address, and any device using such an address would not be able to access the network.  If the MAC Adress looks funny (like it's all zeroes) report this to Nintendo when you call them.

The thread where the other user is reporting a zeroed out MAC address is here:  http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/30187#30187

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)