Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
24,112 Views 9 Replies Last post: Dec 12, 2011 1:05 PM by SANMIGUEL_FAMILY
RSS
1 posts since
Apr 23, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 23, 2011 3:29 PM

Internet Connection Not Working On My Wii!?!?!?

Before today, my internet connection on my Wii worked fine. It had been a few days, maybe a week since I had played, so I turned on my Wii. It was fine. I went to the "Everybody Votes" channel, and hit start. It did that "recieving" and "sending data" thing, but then I got an error message that said the connection wasn't working, or something like that. (Sorry, I'm not a very technical person. ) I got an error code: 117404. So, I went to the Nintendo website, went to Wii suport, and searched the code, but there were no matches for the code. And here we are. Please help!

P.S: I know that I don't have to do something with my router, because it's still set with the same settings as it was when the connection was working.

GREENLIGHTNINGSTRIKES151 470 posts since
Jan 6, 2011
Apr 23, 2011 3:35 PM in response to: SMILEYSTEPHANIE
Re: Internet Connection Not Working On My Wii!?!?!?

Indeed, 117404 isn't a valid error code for the Wii, but 17404 is. If you think you mistyped it, you might want to go to this page: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=17404&system=Wii&locale=en_US

1 posts since
Apr 24, 2011
Apr 24, 2011 9:40 AM in response to: GREENLIGHTNINGSTRIKES151

No, she didnt mistype it, I am getting the same error code. I think it is just a problem with WiiConnect24, as I can still access the internet and my netflix instant. I just cannot get new info from the Everybody Votes Channel...

2 posts since
Apr 24, 2011
Apr 24, 2011 10:30 AM in response to: SMILEYSTEPHANIE

My wii connect 24 doesn't work either and has the same error code 117404.  Yesterday, none of the channels worked such as the news, weather, questions or the shop channels.  Today everything is back to normal except for the questions.

CPM 1,251 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Apr 24, 2011 1:43 PM in response to: SMILEYSTEPHANIE

make sure the broadcast is set to mixed and the channel to 1 or 11.

2 posts since
Apr 24, 2011
Apr 24, 2011 4:00 PM in response to: SMILEYSTEPHANIE

For what it's worth, I'm getting the same error message. All of my settings are as they should be. I only check Everybody Votes once per week and it was working fine a week ago. Has anyone's come back to life?

1 posts since
Apr 25, 2011
Apr 25, 2011 6:53 PM in response to: SMILEYSTEPHANIE

I have been getting the same error message for at least a week (today is 04/25/11) only on Everybody Votes Channel.  Internet and Netflix both work normally, and I receive new messages.  The error is "There is a problem with the WiiConnect24 communications.  Data cannot be received at this time.  Error code: 117404"  Once you hit ok, it acts normally, but won't load any new data or questions.  The only information I could find about this error was about router settings, but all the other channel connections are connecting normally, so it isn't the router.

1 posts since
Apr 25, 2011
Apr 25, 2011 9:12 PM in response to: TOM02368

Im having the same problem. I have tried more than one router as well so this isent the issue. Any news on the cause of this yet?

2 posts since
Apr 24, 2011
Apr 29, 2011 5:13 PM in response to: SMILEYSTEPHANIE

For what it's worth, I changed nothing and mine is back to working. Did anyone else's do that?

SANMIGUEL_FAMILY 1 posts since
Dec 12, 2011
Dec 12, 2011 1:05 PM in response to: SMILEYSTEPHANIE

I went to the wii shop channel and downloaded the update for the "Nintendo Channel" and the "Everybody Votes Channel" and now they both work.

No more error

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)