Skip navigation
24,082 Views 16 Replies Last post: Dec 26, 2011 10:20 PM by _TANIS_
RSS
5 posts since
Apr 20, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 30, 2011 8:46 PM

Pokemon White WFC not working on 3DS

I own a 3DS.  Originally, it worked fine with Pokemon White's WFC functions (game sync, GTS, etc).  The 3DS was faulty and needed repair so it was sent in to Nintendo.  Now, after it's return all the Pokemon White WFC features give a 20109 error.  Outside the Pokemon game, the 3DS Internet settings and the DS settings (in the same menu) work and test fine.  I have no security on my router so that is not a concern.  When in the Pokemon game if I choose WFC settings from the menu it tells me to refer to the DS settings.  Not sure what's up?  Suggestions?

CPM 1,241 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
GUILE0931 179 posts since
May 1, 2011
May 2, 2011 2:21 PM in response to: HOODOO
Re: Pokemon White WFC not working on 3DS

It might be because you are playing a DS game, those do not support certain types of internet, if you don't know if it is supported try going to the DS game itself and going to connection settings and try searching for a connection, it will tell you if it is supported or not. I hope this helps.

ASHIKA 1 posts since
Dec 26, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 10:28 AM in response to: CPM

I actually have black, an my WiFi is working (both of them) and still, I cannot connect to the pokemon WiFi. What is wrong with this game and why is it saying I have no connection, nor that I have it set up?

_TANIS_ 1,730 posts since
Apr 24, 2010
Dec 26, 2011 10:20 PM in response to: ASHIKA

Ashika-

First, please start a new thread when you have a problem. If you revive a 7 month old thread, there is very little chance that someone will see and respond to your post.

Second, do you have any security enabled on your router? Though the 3DS and 3DS games support WPA level security, DS games in a 3DS will NOT work with a WPA or WPA2-encrypted router.

5 posts since
Apr 21, 2011
May 2, 2011 4:46 PM in response to: HOODOO

I'm getting the same error code, except mine is directly from the NORMAL DS wi-fi settings. The 3DS one works fine, but when I do a connection test of the exact same connection in the DS menu, it gives me error code 20109. I've called Nintendo and fooled around with my wireless router for a bit, but nothing worked. I just got it back from repairs today, and I REALLY don't want to have to send it right back in again. This error code is for the connections for DS software, not 3DS. As I said, the 3DS wi-fi works fine. Should we take this question to the normal DS forums?

MONKEYCHEESE 116 posts since
Mar 27, 2011
May 2, 2011 5:35 PM in response to: HOODOO

@ Hoodoo, try if any other games work with the wi-fi. If not, you may want to repair it.

1 posts since
May 4, 2011
May 4, 2011 9:37 PM in response to: HOODOO

Hey man seriously I am glad I am not the only one, I bought my 3DS day one, pokemon was working just fine. I had to send it in cause debris got under the top screen, and ever since I have gotten it back I have had no luck connecting to nintendo WFC, everything else works just fine on the internet.

3 posts since
Jun 24, 2011
Jun 24, 2011 4:42 PM in response to: HOODOO
Re: Pokemon White WFC not working on 3DS (Error Code 20109)

I have exactly the same issue with my 3DS when trying to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection using Pokemon Black or Pokemon HeartGold.  Accessing Nintendo WFC worked fine before I sent it in for repair.  Everything works fine if I use the games in my old DSi, and my 3DS has no trouble with regular internet access or playing Super Street Fighter IV 3D online. The Nintendo rep I spoke to said I'd have to send my 3DS back in for repair but didn't have any information on error code 20109.  Did anyone who's been through this before get any insights as to the cause?  I'd be very surprised if this is a hardware issue with the 3DS itself.

GLACIUSX25 2,041 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
Jun 24, 2011 8:07 PM in response to: SHADOWJACK

Did you set up the Nintendo DS Wifi Connections? (Not the 3DS ones).

Because they use different Wifi settings

3 posts since
Jun 24, 2011
Jun 24, 2011 8:38 PM in response to: GLACIUSX25

Yes.  I connect through my router (which has WPA security) with Pokemon Black, while I have a laptop that I temporarily set up as a WEP Wi-Fi node so I can connect with Pokemon HeartGold without having to downgrade my router's security.   I get the error code either way.  I was at Nintendo World earlier today where they have no security on their Wi-Fi at all, and I still got the error in Pokemon Black.  The only other unusual thing I noticed when I got my 3DS back from repairs is that its Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection ID is now blank when I look under System Settings > Internet Settings > Nintendo DS Connections > Options > System Information.  I must have had an ID, or I never would have been able to connect to Nintendo WFC with HeartGold.  My hypothesis here is that the ID somehow got wiped as part of the repair process, Nintendo WFC likely keeps a database of 3DS's and their IDs, and Nintendo WFC boots me off because my 3DS is already registered but no longer has the ID it was assigned.

12 posts since
Jun 20, 2011
Jun 25, 2011 9:49 AM in response to: SHADOWJACK

That is probably the problem i have pokemon white tho i have never had that problem it would make sence.

3 posts since
Jun 24, 2011
Jun 25, 2011 6:25 PM in response to: ABLAST6

I hate to send my 3DS back again for something that seems unlikely to be a hardware problem, but Nintendo USA didn't have much of any troubleshooting options for error code 20109 (or much of any information on what the error code actually signifies). 

1 posts since
Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 8:52 PM in response to: HOODOO

I just bought my 3ds during the sale and when setting up wfc for white was told to configure the settings but ive done that numerous times and still get the message i dont get an error code number either just i have to set up and to visit nintendo for help and yes i did go to the ds wifi setting not 3ds

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)