Skip navigation
21,704 Views 10 Replies Last post: Jun 17, 2011 12:42 PM by SAULT2012
RSS
PROFFESSOR 89 posts since
Aug 1, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 14, 2011 5:31 PM

Getting Scratches Off of a 3DS

I'm wondering if there is anyway to get scatches off of a 3DS, 'cause there's a few scratches on my 3DS.

CPM 1,232 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
May 14, 2011 5:54 PM in response to: PROFFESSOR
Re: Getting Scratches Off of a 3DS

you can send the 3ds in for repairs.

MONKEYCHEESE 116 posts since
Mar 27, 2011
May 16, 2011 9:42 PM in response to: PROFFESSOR

I dont think that there's a real way to actually get scratches off. If it's really bothering you, then maybe yeah you should send it in.

I have a few scratches near the volume button on mine (freak accident with concrete stairs + spilled yogurt) but it doesn't really bother me .

7 posts since
May 15, 2011
May 19, 2011 11:21 PM in response to: PROFFESSOR

Note: Not sure how well this will work on a 3DS but I've done this with my PSP and Computer.

Touch Screen (soft screen)

okay first off the touch screen seems to be a soft screen from what I see on my own, if you get a scratch here you cant do much other than prevent it from spreading further. So for the touch screen clean your hands thoroughly then get some vaseline and a clean playing card (like from a deck of cards) put the vaseline on the side of the card near the edge then gently drag the card over the crack/rip (stay away from the edges of the screen to prevent it from clumping in corners) Once the crack is filled turn the card to the clean side and scrape the rest of the vaseline off the screen leaving the crack filled.

I did this with my computer screen which is a LCD screen and is softish (I dropped a fan on my computer >.>; and tore an inch long chunk out of the screen....) Its a good quick fix to keep the screen from getting worse until you decide to get the touch screen replaced.

3D Screen (Hard Screen)

Scratched on the hard screen could be repaired easily with the same solution people use to fill cracks on eye glasses. Just go to a eyeglass shop or optical clinic and ask for a good brand they sometimes carry or can direct you elsewhere. Using a thin thin layer of this can fill cracks or scratches in a hard screen, possibly even on the shell though I dont know about that.

BUT the best way to get the scratches gone would be sending it in for repair.

NOA_TECH_MIKA 394 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
May 20, 2011 11:44 AM in response to: PROFFESSOR

PROFFESSOR  wrote:

I'm wondering if there is anyway to get scatches off of a 3DS, 'cause there's a few scratches on my 3DS.

Hi PROFFESSOR,

I wouldn't recommend attempting any self-repair procedures for something like this.  I would however suggest giving us a call to see what kind of options you have.

1-800-255-3700

Seven days a week 6AM - 7PM Pacific Time

4 posts since
May 20, 2011
May 20, 2011 7:53 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_MIKA

I find this issue really odd. I keep screen protectors on both screens and a microfibre cloth between the screens when closed. However, every time that I open the system, there are buff smudges on the upper screen where the bottom screen presses against it. They wipe off, but seem to be worse if kept closed longer. These are more than just minor smudges, but appear to be nearly abrasions. I am concerned that this obvious design flaw is going to ruin my screen protector. I've only had the system 2 weeks. I don't want to have to replace the protectors 6 times a year; they are not cheap here in Canada. How did this get past Nintendo? Did they not test the system longer than 2 weeks?

IVANKOO0 10 posts since
May 11, 2011
May 29, 2011 7:24 PM in response to: BACON_COW

yes! the upper screen protector of my 3ds already have the permanent scratch lines after 1.5 month of use.

Agree that the screen protector is not cheap, and Nintendo will not repair my screen protector neither......

2 posts since
Jun 17, 2011
Jun 17, 2011 12:42 PM in response to: BACON_COW

I was considering getting a screen protector after I get it successfully repaired (or replaced) because now my lines are permanent!

The online repair order will try to charge you (but offer a discount) saying screen related scratches or cracks are not covered under the warranty.

Anyone successfully get theirs replaced or repaired through warranty free of charge?

GAMEHATERDAD 602 posts since
May 17, 2010
May 22, 2011 3:34 AM in response to: PROFFESSOR

If there are linear scratches on the 3D screen, it is due to the parallax barrier that gives the 3D effect. Otherwise, you might have to send it in.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)