Skip navigation
10,150 Views 4 Replies Last post: Jul 4, 2014 8:31 PM by AUSTINH94
RSS
2 posts since
Jun 8, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 8, 2011 2:06 AM

3DS eshop debit card problem - incorrect expiration date?

I've typed in my debit card information on the small screen more than five times, CORRECTLY,

and put in my current zip code which is also the zip code the debit card pertains to.

Every time I get this 005-6515 error which tells me the expiration date I provided is incorrect.

This needs fixing fast or I fear I'll be so ****** off I will hold it to myself to never purchase anything from the eshop.

_TANIS_ 1,730 posts since
Apr 24, 2010
Jun 8, 2011 2:14 PM in response to: YUMEGIWAA
Re: 3DS eshop debit card problem - incorrect expiration date?

First I would stop trying to purchase points and check your current balance. When you attempt to make a purchase, Nintendo will often place a hold charge on your card until the transaction goes through. If the transaction fails, they reverse the charge but banks can take 24-48 hours to reverse the charge.

As for the actual problem, I would call Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 to try to solve this. They may also redirect you to your bank or card issuer. There may be an issue on Nintendo's end or your bank's.

You may also want to consider buying points cards for the retailer of your choice instead.

6 posts since
Jun 7, 2011
Jun 8, 2011 2:13 PM in response to: YUMEGIWAA

I've got this exact same problem.  Error code 005-6515.    I've got no problems using my card anywhere else, and I've made sure each time that I was putting in the numbers correctly.   I would like to give you money Nintendo!  Please help me or give me an alternative way to add points to the eShop  (such as adding funds direct from the website)

What's interesting to me, is I am also using a debit/credit card from my bank, has the Visa logo on it and should work as such.  Maybe an issue with debit cards vs REAL credit cards... who knows?

Godspeed Nintendo!

-Xbudz

AUSTINH94 1 posts since
Jul 4, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 8:31 PM in response to: YUMEGIWAA

I am having the same issue as well I have tried multiple times and nothing works I been trying to get pokebank since i got pokemon y a while back but I cant get it to accept my card. Its a load of **** that my card works anywhere else I buy things off amazon all the time with it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)