Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
78,491 Views 9 Replies Last post: May 16, 2014 5:43 PM by SCREENAME123
RSS
2 posts since
Jun 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 9, 2011 3:59 PM

Wii Unable To Connect to the Internet

Hi There,

Before you roll your eyes and stop reading this page - I have searched long and hard on the nintentdo website and tried many troubleshooting options to connect my wii to the internet.

So I am using a SMC D3GN wireless router for my home internet and I decided to attempt to hook my wii up to it wirelessly. I Keep getting error code 51330, I have visited the page specific for that error code and tried configuring all of my routers options.

So for my settings: I have my wireless router using 11/B/G/N mixed, I tried using both channels 1 and 11 since it was origionally set to auto picking the channel. For my security type I tried once with a WEP password 64 bit (10 digit) and double checked that I typed in the right password. My gateway gives me 4 options for WEP passwords and i had it set the default at password number 1, but when I could not get it to work I tried changing all 4 of the passwords to the same password I was trying on my wii. I have my authentication for WEP set to automatic (I tried both open system and shared key, but got the same results).

When I could not get the WEP to work I tried changing my security to WPA - Personal - TKIP but that did not do anything either.

I also changed my Mac filtering to allow all, but first I tried adding my Wii Mac Address to allow it as well, and still got nothing. It has 3 options: Allow all,  Allow, or Deny. I have the wii Mac adress inputted and allow all on currently.

One other thing I tried was to disable the firewall on my router as well.

The whole time I am getting the error code 51330.

I was just wondering if there are any other specific things that I should try?

As you can see i am very willing to try anything, So just let me know.

Thanks you in advance.

[first name removed]

Message was edited by: NOA_TECH_ZEKE

NOA_TECH_MIKA 394 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jun 10, 2011 2:44 PM in response to: BLAZZERG
Re: Wii Unable To Connect to the Internet

Hi BLAZZERG,

Did you try rebooting your router?  And by reboot, I don't mean just unplugging the router's power cable.  Your router should have a "Reboot" option under "Tools."  Try this, then test the Wii again.  Let me know if it works.

Apr 1, 2010
Jun 11, 2011 7:53 AM in response to: BLAZZERG

Fantastic!  Glad it worked!

1 posts since
Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 6:10 AM in response to: NOA_TECH_MIKA

I'm going to jump on this bandwagon.  I just upgraded my router to the same SMC one as the poster above and have tried everything I can find to get it to connect.  Different security options, different MAC options, no security, reboot from the Gateway Setup, unplug/replug, wait a day, etc.  It still won't connect.

Right now I have it set as:

WPA-PSK AES

MAC Filtering set to Allow All

Channel set to 11

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out... any other suggestions?

SKN25 109 posts since
Jun 22, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 9:52 AM in response to: ASTERIX1223

It could have something to do with the DNS. My stuff wasn't connecting either until i changed the DNS. 

Apr 1, 2010
Aug 19, 2011 12:28 PM in response to: ASTERIX1223

ASTERIX1223  wrote:

I'm going to jump on this bandwagon.  I just upgraded my router to the same SMC one as the poster above and have tried everything I can find to get it to connect.  Different security options, different MAC options, no security, reboot from the Gateway Setup, unplug/replug, wait a day, etc.  It still won't connect.

Right now I have it set as:

WPA-PSK AES

MAC Filtering set to Allow All

Channel set to 11

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out... any other suggestions?

What exactly is the error you're getting?  Is it the same 51330?

Looking at what you've done, I would suggest that you try setting up the connection manually.  Even if this might not be the exact error, it has the complete manual setup instructions:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=52030&system=Wii&locale=lang

SCREENAME123 29 posts since
Oct 27, 2013
May 16, 2014 5:43 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_MIKA

I can't connect to the internet either. Can you help? My router is Asus, my password did change (and even if I changed it to match, it would still have an error message), my security is WPA 2, I deleted and put in the internet settings several times, and I tried to move it away from metallic objects. I do not know how to change my router's settings as this website didn't mention Asus as a possible router option, so I'm out of luck unless I google it. Hey, I never thought of that; I think I'll google it and then come back. But please give suggestions on how to make it properly connect again besides rebooting and moving the router. I cannot move the router closer as the first floor has many wireless interferences like cordless phones, internet tv box, wireless keyboards, and wireless mouse; I also am not permitted to move it closer to the console for reasons that are too personal to state here.So please help ASAP!

1 posts since
Oct 1, 2011
Oct 1, 2011 6:58 AM in response to: BLAZZERG

I bought the Wii 6 weeks ago and connected to internet wireless with no issues. We have watched Netflix for 2 days and than yesterday we can not connect to internet. Got error code 50299. Everything else in the house is connected as normal. I have tried everything I have read on this forum and  at this point I am wondering if there could  be a problem with the Wii.

1 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Oct 20, 2011 12:24 PM in response to: KNITNSEW

Here's my two cents worth.  I was having this problem and tried everything google could offer.  I happened to be troubleshooting a separate issue for a friends wii on my network, so i thought, what the heck, i'll try his.  I had to use Connection 3 because he had set up the other two.  Funnily enough it worked.  I hooked mine back up and tada, so did it, on connection 3.

I don't know why, and I don't care.  just worked.  Hope it helps.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)