Skip navigation
13,122 Views 13 Replies Last post: Jun 19, 2011 4:53 PM by JR927
RSS
WIIRICKY 25 posts since
Jun 15, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 15, 2011 7:43 PM

3DS top screen cracked?

Hi! I have had my 3DS since the day it was out. My screen cracked yesterday and the worst part is that I didnt even touch it. I just left it on a table for a day and I saw about an inch crack on the top screen. I will be sending it to Nintendo for repair but I found this very concerning and was thinking of ways to prevent this. Is there?

NINTENMAN94 1,276 posts since
Feb 9, 2011
Jun 16, 2011 8:11 AM in response to: WIIRICKY
Re: 3DS top screen cracked?

Well, cracks just don't happen out of no where. There has to be a reason. Maybe one of your friends or a family member accidently knocked it off the table, and didn't tell you. I'm not saying this is what happened, i'm just saying that the 3DS screen can't just crack on itself out of the blue.

But if this isn't the case, then I don't know what to tell you

EARTHBOUND33 2,270 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Jun 16, 2011 8:56 AM in response to: WIIRICKY

well, it must have taken some shock damage at some point. whether you dropped it, or put too much pressure on it. this cannot happen by itself. sorry. if you wish for this to not happen again, buy a carrying case and keep it inside it when your not playing/charging it.

18 posts since
Jun 14, 2011
Jun 18, 2011 8:33 PM in response to: WIIRICKY

In this person's defense I have always taken very excellent care of my games and my system ... and recently I believe someone else in the house accidently caused my ds lite and my game to break .. but I cannot accuse anyone .. because I have no proof and was not there to witness  ... so I have to say from this point I will either take my system with me or when I am away from the house or I will lock it up in my safe if I do not want to take it with me ... this way I know it will not accidently get broken while I am away.. I am a mother to three children one 25yrs one 12 yrs and one 13yrs and have twin granddaughters =)

I will be sending the DS lite in for repair ... but I did go out and buy a new DSi and a new game for the time being while my DS lite is in the shop .. Just so you know I ve have my DS lite for three years and have never dropped it or done any damage to it .... only thing I have done is lost a stylus in the three years I owned my game.. I have many ds games as well ..

18 posts since
Jun 14, 2011
Jun 18, 2011 9:31 PM in response to: WIIRICKY

I would love to own a 3DS but right now I cannot afford the cost .. I think too I would be wise invest in a protective case if I owned a 3DS because they are so expensive right now to buy and to repair with it being a new system.. I know too others have dropped their DSi and their DS lites with no damage but all it takes is one time and it could break... and that is with any system ... tomorrow I will be out looking for a case for my new DSi.. I hope you do get it repaired and like me take it as a lesson learned to not leave it laying around for an accident to happen.. I will take mine with me or lock it in my safe from now on.. when I am not playing it

102 posts since
Jun 14, 2011
Jun 19, 2011 4:54 AM in response to: BANDIT19

You know what i bought a protective case for my 3DS before i bought any 3DS gamecards because i did not want it scratched up.

13 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Jun 19, 2011 4:41 PM in response to: WIIRICKY

There was a crack on your screen, but you don't know how it happened. So, it isn't Nintendo's fault.

13 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Jun 19, 2011 4:49 PM in response to: WIIRICKY

Oh, because scratches has everything to do with cracks? Right on.

13 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Jun 19, 2011 4:53 PM in response to: WIIRICKY

I see. Then I agree with you. You shouldn't pay to have your 3Ds` repaired.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)