Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
24,032 Views 8 Replies Last post: Aug 12, 2012 5:54 PM by TYLER645
RSS
2 posts since
Jun 15, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 15, 2011 8:12 PM

Can I transfer downloaded Wii games to a new Wii?

I recently got a Wii from my sister, as mine could not read Wii games anymore.

I tried transfering my downloaded games from my SD to my sister's Wii.

It said it couldn't be copied/moved onto that Wii console.

So, I tried going to the Wii Shop Channel, and linking my Club Nintendo account. That worked.

But, none of my downloaded titles showed up.

So, is there a way to transfer already downloaded titles from one Wii to another?
I have over $150 worth of games downloaded. It'd be a crime to make me buy and download it all over again.

Thanks!

P.S. Memory is not an issue. I have plenty.

JDBLIMEGREEN 21 posts since
Jan 19, 2011
Jun 15, 2011 8:19 PM in response to: MIROKU12
Re: Can I transfer downloaded Wii games to a new Wii?

You need to transfer your Wii shopping account over to your new wii. This authorizes you to redownload all your titles for free on your new Wii.

I'm pretty sure that only Nintendo customer support can do this though, and I'm unsure in what circumstances that they accept this request.

Try giving them a call: 1-800-255-3700

NIGHTFIRE5 2,945 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Jun 16, 2011 11:12 PM in response to: MIROKU12

No offense my friend, but why is it a crime when you could have sent your console in to Nintendo for repair?

But yes, you'll have to talk to the reps at Nintendo about this issue. Last I heard, however, the only way they would do this is if a console becomes completely inoperable and you had purchased a new Wii console. Things may have changed though.

4 posts since
Jun 19, 2011
Jun 20, 2011 6:47 PM in response to: NIGHTFIRE5

Why should he have to send his Wii into Nintendo and pay $75 for repair when his sister was willing to give him hers for free? Regardless of his choice, he purchased those games from Nintendo and therefore should have the rights to play them should he obtain a new system. Think about this scenario, I purchased a white Wii at launch. I spent $500 on games from the virtual console. Nintendo releases the black Wii. I think to myself, "That black Wii would match my entertainment center much better than the white Wii. I think I'll purchase it.". Now, I just gave Nintendo another $150+ of my hard earned money buying a console I already had. Don't you think that I should be able to transfer the $500 worth of downloaded titles to the new console? The fact of the matter is, digital or hard copy, I purchased the games and because of that, I am entitled to them. I understand and support combating piracy, but there's a line where deterring piracy becomes cheating your customers.

Please don't take this as being argumentitive, I'm merely trying to express my point of view.

TMAN9781 1 posts since
Aug 11, 2012
Aug 11, 2012 11:43 AM in response to: SERYF

Agrees with this.

EARTHBOUND33 2,270 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Aug 11, 2012 3:06 PM in response to: TMAN9781

TMAN9781  wrote:

Agrees with this.

As a friendly reminder, please do not bump old threads, The last post in this thread was over a year ago. Thanks

TYLER645 1,015 posts since
Oct 9, 2011
Aug 11, 2012 6:46 PM in response to: TMAN9781

TMAN9781  wrote:

Agrees with this.

As a friendly reminder, please don't bump old threads.

Thanks!

NIKOX 1 posts since
Aug 11, 2012
Aug 11, 2012 7:57 PM in response to: MIROKU12

hey i have an idea.

why dont you provide a shop channel purchase allowing transfer of the shop account to another wii like how dsi has a download feature to transfer to 3ds.

gawd this is so simple of a service you should have planned for it from the day you conceived virtual console.

TYLER645 1,015 posts since
Oct 9, 2011
Aug 12, 2012 5:54 PM in response to: NIKOX

NIKOX  wrote:

why dont you provide a shop channel purchase allowing transfer of the shop account to another wii like how dsi has a download feature to transfer to 3ds.

Nintendo probably thought that with a console, you don't need to transfer games. I agree with them, because you don't really need to transfer games between two consoles. I do know that there will be a transfer feature to move your Wii saved data and games to Wii U.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)