Skip navigation
9,476 Views 8 Replies Last post: Jul 10, 2011 11:07 AM by JOHNNYMUSHIOO
RSS
4 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 15, 2011 10:22 PM

3DS top screen scratches?

It's becoming a lot more noticeable on my 3DS especially during 3D play. I think the bottom screen is scratching the top screen every time I close the system. Is anyone else having problems like this?

BEARDEDONE 1,636 posts since
Apr 15, 2011
Jun 15, 2011 10:48 PM in response to: MARIOBOY31
Re: 3DS top screen scratches?

Are you sure they are scratches?  Dirt and oil can build up on the raised border around the touch screen and it will transfer to the top screen when the system is closed.  You can wipe it off with a soft cloth.

If the top screen really is scratched, you will notice it when you turn on 3D.  You will see black dots along the length of the scratch when 3D is turned on.

I had to send mine in to get repaired because the top screen got scratched, and it was intolerable trying to play the games in 3D.  When it was returned, I put screen protectors on it.  I suggest you do the same because you do not want to scratch that top screen.

JDBLIMEGREEN 24 posts since
Jan 19, 2011
Jun 15, 2011 10:52 PM in response to: BEARDEDONE

Was that covered by the warranty, Bearded?

Apr 15, 2011
Jun 15, 2011 11:08 PM in response to: JDBLIMEGREEN

No, it was not.  I had to pay $90 and be without the 3DS for almost 2 weeks.  But the scratches were not caused by the raised edge of the bottom screen, either.

Apr 15, 2011
Jun 16, 2011 8:52 AM in response to: MARIOBOY31

If you really can't wipe it off, then maybe it is scratched.  If the scratches are vertical lines that line up with the raised edge of the touch screen, then I think you can argue that this is a manufacturer's defect and covered by the warranty, which means the repair would be free.  Call Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 and ask.  If you want them to, they can set up the repair over the phone and give you everything you need to send it in.

When you get your 3DS back, protect your investment with screen protectors.

1 posts since
Jul 7, 2011
Jul 7, 2011 6:57 AM in response to: MARIOBOY31

Hey guys, my 3ds is the literal definition of this problem. I have sent it in to nintendo 3 times for this problem. Twice to their corporate hq. AND IT'S STILL DOING IT. It''s driving me crazy. It doesn't affect the 3d, but just seeing it while the system is off is enough to get me upset. Nintendo told me that it was fixed all three times and it still does it... Well, I have to give them props for one thing. All three times, it was covered under warranty. They replaced the top screen all 3 times, but that doesn't help when the problem isn't prevented from happening again... Now I don't know what to do... (Before anyone says anything, No, they are not smudges and yes I cleaned my screen and I only use a microfiber cloth on my 3ds) and If I send it in again, then I have to be without my 3ds for another two weeks...

JOHNNYMUSHIOO 135 posts since
Apr 20, 2011
Jul 10, 2011 11:07 AM in response to: BTTFFAN

The top screen has nothing to do with it. The rubber bumpers are the problem, they are set in a tad too deep.

PIKACHUINJAPAN 17 posts since
Sep 9, 2010
Jul 10, 2011 10:45 AM in response to: MARIOBOY31

I bought screen protectors and put them on my 3DS on the first day. I have seen lines on the screen protectors but there easily wiped off. So my only advice is spending $10 on some, its well worth the investment.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)