Skip navigation

This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
6,388 Views 2 Replies Last post: Jul 4, 2011 12:36 AM by MYSTICAL_CHICKEN
RSS
2 posts since
Jun 23, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 23, 2011 7:20 PM

Bottom screen of DS Lite flickering/fading

Last night I was playing my DS Lite (not sure if the game matters, but it was Animal Crossing: Wild World) and I noticed the bottom screen flickering/fading slowly to white after a while.  (When it faded I couldn't move my character for a few seconds or do anything else.)  I quickly saved and quit, turned off the DSL, waited for a few minutes and turned it back on again.  It seemed to be fine for about half an hour, whereupon the bottom screen flickered and faded again.  Now it's doing this every time I try to play it--it will be perfectly fine for about 25-30 minutes, then start flickering.  I've had the system since late 2006 (or early '07), but I've always taken very good care of it and never dropped it (at least not that I can remember) and I know I've never gotten it wet.  I tried the troubleshooting section of the site but I got as far as "enter the serial number" and couldn't go any further because the SN is missing off the back of the DSL.  I can't remember whether I purchased the warranty but I probably didn't, and in any case it would be long expired, and I can't afford to send it in for repairs, nor can I afford a new system.  Anyone know what might be going on with my DSL?  The top screen is perfectly fine, it's just the bottom (touch) screen that's glitching up.

edit: whoops, I meant serial number, not registration number.

POKIRBY 43 posts since
Jun 23, 2011
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 27, 2011 6:07 PM in response to: MYSTICAL_CHICKEN
Re: Bottom screen of DS Lite flickering/fading

could be something with the internal light or i could be over heating. i'd definitely look into a lot more and see what the exact problem is, maybe the repair could be cheap if you know what it is

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)